Diovan - a drug with antihypertensive effect.
Release form and composition
Diovan is produced in the form of enteric-coated tablets, the active ingredient in which is the substance valsartan.
Diovan tablets are microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silica, crospovidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, macrogol 8000, iron oxides (yellow, red, black).
Tablets are available in 40, 80, 160, 320 mg in blisters or bottles of 7.14, 28, 49, 56, 98, 140 and 280 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Diovan is used when:
- Chronic heart failure of II-IV functional classes in patients receiving standard treatment, including beta-blockers or ACE inhibitors, digitalis preparations, diuretics;
- Acute myocardial infarction complicated by left ventricular systolic dysfunction or left ventricular failure with stable hemodynamic parameters to improve survival.
According to the instructions Diovan contraindicated for use:
- If the patient has a high degree of sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Diovan cautiously prescribed for:
- Stenosis of the artery of a single kidney;
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis;
- Patient compliance with a diet with limited sodium intake;
- Hepatic failure with obstruction of the biliary tract;
- Accompanied by a decrease in BCC states;
- Renal failure with QC <10 ml / minute.
Dosing and Administration
Diovan tablets, according to the instructions, are intended for oral administration.
- In chronic heart failure - 40 mg 2 times a day with a gradual increase in dosage to 80-160 mg 2 times a day. This may reduce the dosage of diuretics. The daily dosage of the drug should not exceed 320 mg, divided into 2 doses;
- In hypertension, 80 mg once a day. May increase dosage to 320 mg;
- Post-acute myocardial infarction - 20 mg 2 times a day. Treatment begins within 12 hours after a heart attack. Increasing the dosage is carried out by the method of titration (40, 80, 160 mg). By the end of the second week of treatment, the dosage of the drug should be 80 mg 2 times a day. The maximum target dose (160 mg 2 times a day) is set by the end of the third month of treatment. In this case, the daily dosage of Diovan should not exceed 320 mg, divided into two doses.
With the development of hypotension, which is accompanied by disorders in the kidneys, it is necessary to reduce the dosage of the drug.
When using Diovan, the following side effects may develop:
- Hematopoietic system: neutropenia, thrombocytopenia;
- Infections and invasions: viral infections, pharyngitis, infections of the upper respiratory tract, sinusitis, rhinitis;
- Central nervous system: postural dizziness, vertigo, insomnia, fainting, decreased libido, dizziness, headache;
- Immune system: hypersensitivity reactions;
- Respiratory system: cough;
- Cardiovascular system: orthostatic hypotension, arterial hypotension, vasculitis, heart failure;
- Musculoskeletal system: back pain, myalgia, arthralgia;
- Digestive system: abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea;
- Urinary system: disorders of the kidneys, acute renal failure;
- Dermatological reactions: rash, itching, angioedema;
- Other: asthenia, fatigue, hyperkalemia, edema.
When applying Diovan should be borne in mind that:
- During treatment in patients with essential arterial hypertension, there is no need for continuous monitoring of laboratory parameters;
- Before starting treatment with patients with severe sodium deficiency or BCC, it is necessary to adjust the level of sodium or BCC;
- In patients with chronic heart failure or after acute myocardial infarction, at the beginning of treatment, blood pressure should be monitored;
- In hypertension, Diovan can be used as monotherapy or simultaneously with other antihypertensive drugs;
- After myocardial infarction, the drug can be used simultaneously with statins, thrombolytics, beta-blockers, acetylsalicylic acid;
- With the development of hypotension, the patient must be laid, raising his legs, and hold intravenous infusion of 0.9% sodium chloride solution. After the pressure stabilizes, you can continue to use Diovan;
- Patients with heart failure and after acute myocardial infarction require monitoring of renal function;
- During the period of treatment should be careful when driving and other mechanisms;
- Overdose of Diovan is manifested by a pronounced decrease in blood pressure. In such situations, the patient should induce vomiting and inject a 0.9% sodium chloride solution intravenously;
- Taking Diovan at the same time as potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium preparations or salts containing potassium may cause an increase in the level of potassium in blood serum;
- No clinically significant interaction of Diovan with cimetidine, furosemide, warfarin, atenolol, digoxin, hydrochlorothiazide, indomethacin, glibenclamide, diclofenac, amlodipine was detected.
Structural analogues of Diovan are drugs: Valsartan, Valsasin, Valsakor, Valsafors, Tantordio, Tareg, Norstavan, Walz, Valaar.
Terms and conditions of storage
Diovan stored in places not accessible to children, at a temperature not higher than 30 °, not more than three years.