Dimia is an estrogen-progestin contraceptive.
Release form and composition
Dimia dosage form - two types of tablets.
Tablets of the first type are film-coated in white (or almost white) color, biconcave, round in shape and have the “G73” marking applied by the embossing method. They contain 20 mg of ethinyl estradiol and 3 mg of drospirenone as active ingredients, as well as lactose in the form of monohydrate, corn starch (including pregelatinized), copolymer of polyvinyl alcohol and macrogol, magnesium stearate. The shell contains in its composition a complex of compounds Opadry II white 85G18490.
Dimia tablets of the second type - placebo. They are covered with a green shell, biconvex, have a round shape. They consist of microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, pregelatinized corn starch, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide. The composition of the film shell includes a complex of compounds Opadry II green 85F21389.
Tablets are sold in blisters of 28 pcs. (24 white and 4 green), in one carton pack there can be 1 or 3 blisters.
Indications for use
In accordance with the instructions, Dimia is intended for contraception.
The use of Dimia is contraindicated in:
- Thrombosis, prethrombotic states and thromboembolism (including a history of);
- Pronounced and / or multiple risk factors that may lead to the development of venous or arterial thrombosis;
- Acquired or inherited predisposition to thrombosis of veins or arteries;
- Accompanied severe hypertriglyceridemia pancreatitis (including in history);
- Severe diseases of the liver in an active form or in history (in cases where the indicators of the functional state of the organ did not return to normal values);
- Severe renal failure (in both acute and chronic form);
- Benign and malignant tumors of the liver (including history);
- Malignant tumors of the mammary gland and genital organs, the occurrence and growth of which are associated with hormonal disruption (including a history of);
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Migraine, characterized by the presence of focal neurological symptoms in history;
- Intolerance to monosaccharides, lactase deficiency, hypolactasia;
- Pregnancy (as well as suspicion of it);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
The use of Dimia is shown with caution in:
- The presence of a risk factor for thromboembolism or thrombosis;
- Diseases accompanied by impaired peripheral circulation;
- Hereditary angioedema;
- Selected liver diseases (until liver counts return to normal);
- Diseases that first arose or were aggravated against the background of previous use of sex hormone drugs or pregnancy, in the postpartum period.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets are taken daily, at the same time, with a small amount of liquid, following the order indicated on the blister pack. Dimia application mode - continuous. For 4 full weeks, one pill is taken every day (first active, then inactive), starting the next pack immediately after taking the last tablet from the previous one.
2-3 days after the start of taking the green pills, the last ones in the row, withdrawal bleeding begins, which does not necessarily end at the beginning of taking the pills from the next package.
If hormonal contraceptives have not been used in the previous month, Dimia will begin to drink from the first day of the cycle (on the first day of the menstrual bleeding).
If the drug is started on the 2-5 day of the cycle, barrier contraceptives should be used throughout the next week.
When switching from another combined contraceptive, Dimia is started on the next day after taking the last packaged inactive tablet, if the drug contains 28 tablets per pack, or the last active tablet from the previous pack. You can also switch to Dimia on the next day after the completion of the standard seven-day break (if there are 21 tables in the package with the product).
If you have previously used a transdermal ring or patch, you should start taking the pills on the day they are removed (the deadline to start taking is the day when there should be a replacement patch or installing a new ring).
According to the instructions to Dimia, switching to a drug with a mini-drank is possible on any day, from injectable forms of contraceptives - on the day when the next injection was planned, from the IUD or implant - on the day of their removal. In addition, in each of these situations in the first 7 days, additional barrier contraception is necessary.
After an abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy, the pills are started from the day when the pregnancy ended. Use additional methods of contraception is not necessary. After childbirth or abortion at a later stage of pregnancy, Dimia intake is started on days 21-28 after the birth of the child / termination of pregnancy. If reception is started at a later date, additional contraceptive measures should be used.
The instructions to Dimia indicated that the most frequent side effects of the drug are headaches, emotional lability, pain in the abdomen and chest, nausea, no withdrawal bleeding.
Before using Dimia, pregnancy should be excluded.
Synonyms: Daill, Jess, Midian, Yarin.
Analogs: Belara, Evra, Zhanin, Genetten, Lindinet 30, Logeston, Marvelon, Mersilon, Mikoginon, Regulon, Tri-Mersey, Rigevidon, Femoden, Silest, Zoeli.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep Dimia must be out of the reach of children at room temperature. Shelf life - 24 months.