Diflazon - antifungal drug intended for systemic use.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms Diflazon - capsules for oral administration and solution for infusion.
The composition of the capsules Diflazon:
- Fluconazole as an active substance, it can contain 50, 100, 150 or 200 mg in one capsule;
- Auxiliary components: corn starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, silica colloidal anhydrous, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate.
- The composition of the shell: titanium dioxide, gelatin, blue patented E131 dye (in capsules 50, 100 and 150 mg) or indigo carmine FD & C dyes blue E132 and azorubine E122 (in capsules 200 mg).
The composition of the solution for injection Diflazon:
- Fluconazole as an active substance, in 1 ml of it contains 2 mg, in one vial - 200 mg;
- Auxiliary components: sodium chloride and injectable water.
Indications for use
According to the instructions to Diflazon, the drug is intended for the treatment of:
- Systemic (generalized) candidiasis, including de-activated candidiasis, candidemia, and other forms of progressive candidal infection, including infections of the eye, endocardium, peritoneum, urinary and respiratory tract. The drug can be used in patients with malignant tumors, in people in intensive care units, in patients receiving immunosuppressive and cytostatic drugs, as well as in cases of other factors predisposing to the development of candidal infection;
- Candidiasis of the mucous membranes, including esophageal and oropharyngeal, as well as candiduria, non-invasive lung infections, esophageal candidiasis, chronic and atrophic oral candidiasis (including those associated with wearing dentures), including in AIDS patients and HIV-infected patients;
- Cryptococcosis of any localization, including cryptococcal meningitis and infections of the skin and lungs, in patients with a normal immune response and in patients with various forms of immunosuppression (including organ transplants, as well as in AIDS patients);
- Vaginal candidiasis (acute and chronic recurrent) and candidal balanitis;
- Dermatomycosis (especially severe fungal infections of the skin resistant to local therapy), such as mycosis of the skin (including the inguinal region and feet), pityriasis versicolor, candidiasis of the skin, onychomycosis;
- Deep endemic mycoses, paracoccidioidomycosis, coccidioidomycosis, histoplasmosis and sporotrichosis in patients with normal immunity.
In addition, Diflazon may be prescribed for the prevention of:
- Cryptococcal infection in AIDS patients;
- Recurrence of oropharyngeal candidiasis in patients with AIDS;
- Fungal infections in patients with malignant diseases, undergoing radiation or cytotoxic chemotherapy;
- Relapse of vaginal candidiasis (if there were three or more episodes per year).
According to the abstract, the use of Diflazon is contraindicated:
- In case of hypersensitivity to fluconazole, other azole compounds or any auxiliary component;
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- Simultaneously with terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride and other drugs that prolong the QT interval and increase the likelihood of severe rhythm disturbances if fluconazole is used in a dose of more than 400 mg per day.
Under special medical supervision, Diflazon can be used for:
- Hepatic / Renal Failure;
- Simultaneous use of terfenadine, if fluconazole is prescribed in a daily dose of up to 400 mg;
- Intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid;
- Potentially proarrhythmic conditions in patients with several risk factors, such as organic heart disease, electrolyte imbalance, simultaneous use of drugs that cause arrhythmia;
- Hypochlorhydria and achlorhydria;
- The appearance of a rash due to fluconazole in patients with superficial, invasive or systemic fungal infections.
In the form of capsules, Diflazon is not prescribed to children up to 3 years old, in the form of an injection solution - up to 6 months.
Dosing and Administration
The dosage and duration of the use of Diflazon absolutely in each case, the doctor determines individually, depending on the evidence and the clinical efficacy of the drug.
In the form of intravenous infusions, Diflazon is prescribed only if it is impossible to take the capsules orally. As soon as this becomes possible, the patient is transferred to the oral form of the drug without changing the daily dose.
When using Diflazon, according to the instructions, the following side effects may occur:
- Nausea and / or vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, flatulence, change in taste, increased activity of liver enzymes, rarely - impaired liver function, sometimes with a fatal outcome;
- Headache, dizziness, cramps;
- Agranulocytosis, neutropenia, leukopenia and thrombocytopenia;
- Flicker or flutter of the ventricles, an increase in the QT interval;
- Impaired renal function;
- Hypercholesterolemia, hypokalemia, hypertriglyceridemia;
With hypersensitivity and intolerance to the components of Diflazon, allergic reactions may develop, manifested, including, multiforme exudative erythema, bronchial asthma, toxic epidermal necrolysis, anaphylactoid reactions.
There are cases of toxic changes in the liver during the period of treatment with Diflazon, including with a fatal outcome. For this reason, patients with comorbidities need to control the level of liver enzymes and pay particular attention to possible toxic effects.
Vero Fluconazole, Diflyuzol, Diflucan, Mikoflyukan, Maicon, mikomaks, Medoflyukon, Mikosist, Nofung, Prokanazol, Fluzole, Fangiflyu, Flukozan, Flukozid, Fluconazole, Flukomabol, Flukonorm, Funzol, Flucostat, Flunol, Forkan, Flukorus, Tsiskan.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store Diflazon should be in a cool, dark place. The shelf life of the capsules is 5 years, the solution is 3 years.