Devyasil or yellow color - a perennial plant, drugs from which have a diuretic, tonic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect.
The widespread use of deviacillus as a medicinal plant is due to its chemical composition. It has been established that its roots and rhizomes contain the following components:
- Essential oil;
- Organic acids;
Ascorbic acid, flavonoids, alantopicrin, and essential oil are contained in the above-ground part of the elecampane.
Due to its medicinal properties, it is widely used in traditional and traditional medicine.
From the lactones of the Selinan type contained in the roots of the plant, the drug Alanton is produced, which is used to treat duodenal ulcer and stomach.
In folk medicine, infusions and decoctions from the roots of the elecampane are used as a diuretic, expectorant, tonic, and anti-inflammatory agent. A decoction of burdock root and yellow color is used to treat flu and rheumatism.
The tocopherol contained in the plant is a natural oxidizing agent that slows the aging process.
Indications for use
The curative properties of elecampane are used to treat acute respiratory diseases, catarrhal bronchitis, colitis, pneumonia, gastritis, and also:
- Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Whooping cough;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Diseases of the liver, urinary tract and gallbladder;
In folk medicine, a strong decoction of elecampane is used externally for eczema, skin rash, herpes, and also for rinsing in cases of inflammation of the gums and oral mucosa.
The use of elecampane is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances that make up the plant.
Drugs, decoctions and infusions, which include crushed raw materials of the elecampane are not prescribed during pregnancy and during the breastfeeding period, as well as in the following cases:
- Kidney disease;
- Cardiovascular diseases.
Homemade Medicines from Elecampane
There are several simple recipes for preparing a drink, pills, tinctures, ointments and tea from elecampane at home, namely:
- Drink - 100 g of dried roots of a plant must be poured over 2 liters of water and cooked on low heat for half an hour. Next, the tool should be thoroughly filtered and cooled, then add a glass of fresh apple juice and 200 g of sugar to it. Ready drink take 3 tbsp. spoon three times a day before meals to strengthen the immune system;
- Tea - 3 teaspoons of yellow roots pour 3 liters of boiling water and leave for 15 minutes. Then the liquid is filtered and cooled to room temperature. Ready-made tea is taken in 250 ml three times a day for tracheitis and bronchial asthma;
- Ointment - 2 tbsp. spoons of powder from the roots of deviacil are mixed with 100 g of unsalted bacon, put on a slow fire and weaned for 15 minutes, then filtered. Trophic ulcers and nonhealing wounds are treated with finished ointment. The tool must be stored in the refrigerator;
- Pills - 50 g of yellow root powder must be mixed with the same amount of honey. From the mixture obtained, it is necessary to roll balls with a diameter of 0.8-1 cm. Ready-made pills take 2 pcs. 2-3 times a day for acute respiratory diseases;
- Tincture - 100 g of crushed roots of elecampane, pour 1 l of vodka, insist in a dark cool place for 2 weeks, then strain. The finished product is taken in 15-20 drops half an hour before meals, 2-3 times a day for gastritis, goiter, ulcer and senile sclerosis;
It is recommended to consult with your doctor before using home remedies out of elecampane to rule out the presence of contraindications to the use of the plant.