Detralex is a venoprotective and venotonic drug used in the treatment of venous insufficiency. The drug helps to reduce venous stagnation and capillary permeability.
Release form and composition
Detralex is produced in the form of coated tablets, the active substance of which is a purified micronized flavonoid fraction.
Magnesium stearate, gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, purified water, sodium carboxymethyl starch, macrogol 6000, sodium lauryl sulfate, film premix are used as excipients in tablets.
Tablets are available in blisters of 30 or 60 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Detralex is prescribed as a symptomatic treatment:
- Venous lymphatic insufficiency, manifested by pain, morning leg fatigue, feeling of heaviness in the legs, trophic disorders;
- Acute hemorrhoids.
According to the instructions, Detralex is not recommended to be taken if there is hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug and during breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
Detralex tablets are intended for oral administration.
- With venous lymphatic insufficiency - 2 tablets per day during meals (one pill - in the middle of the day, one pill - in the evening);
- In acute hemorrhoids - 6 tablets per day, divided into two doses (morning and evening) during the first 4 days of the disease; then for 3 days, 4 tablets per day, divided into two doses.
When using Detralex, certain side effects may develop:
- The digestive system: dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, colitis;
- Central nervous system: headache, dizziness, general malaise;
- Skin: urticaria, itching, rash, isolated swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, angioedema.
- The patient should inform the doctor about the appearance of adverse reactions to him when taking Detralex (including those not mentioned in the instructions for the drug).
When applying Detralex it should be borne in mind that:
- The maximum effect of drug therapy is achieved with a combination of treatment with a healthy diet and proper lifestyle. At the same time, you should avoid long stays on your feet, long stays in the sun, maintain normal body weight or make efforts to reduce excess weight, wear special stockings that improve blood circulation, and regularly go on walks;
- In acute hemorrhoids, taking Detralex tablets should not replace the specific treatment of anal disorders;
- If the patient's condition in hemorrhoids does not improve after the course of treatment, the diagnosis should be clarified and a proctologic examination should be carried out;
- Taking the drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and the level of concentration;
- Despite the fact that the instructions to Detralex do not report any drug interactions, the patient must inform the attending physician of all medications taken by him;
- No cases of overdose for this drug have been reported. In this case, the patient needs to seek medical help.
The complete analogues of Detralex are Venarus and Venozol preparations; partial - Vazoket and Phlebodia 600. The following drugs have a similar pharmacological effect: Antistax, Anavenol, Venoruton, Troxevasin, Ginkor Fort.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored no more than four years. However, no special conditions for this are required.