Dermoveit - glucocorticosteroid drug used for the local treatment of dermatological diseases. The drug has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-exudative and antipruritic action.
Release form and composition
Dermoveit is available in the form of a cream and ointment, the active substance of which is clobetasol propionate.
Auxiliary substances in the product are:
- Cream - glyceryl monostearate, glyceryl propylene glycol oleate, cetostearyl alcohol, beeswax substitute 6621, propylene glycol, sodium citrate, chlorocresol, citric acid monohydrate, purified water;
- Ointment - sorbitan sesquioleate, propylene glycol, white soft paraffin.
Dermovayt cream and ointment are produced in aluminum tubes of 25 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dermoveit in all dosage forms is used to reduce pruritus and other symptoms of inflammation in dermatoses sensitive to treatment with glucocorticosteroids, namely:
- Psoriasis (including common plaque);
- Red lichen;
- Various forms of eczema;
- Discoid lupus erythematosus;
- Dermatosis not sensitive to therapy with less active external glucocorticosteroids.
For skin lesions that are accompanied by hyperkeratosis, dryness, thickening, Dermoveit ointment should be used, since this dosage form of the drug helps to retain moisture in the skin.
According to the instructions, Dermoveit does not apply to:
- Skin cancer;
- Viral, bacterial and fungal skin diseases (including chicken pox, herpes simplex, actinomycosis, skin tuberculosis);
- Perioral dermatitis;
- Pink acne (rosacea);
- Perianal and genital pruritus;
- Hyde's pussy knot;
- Pruritus in the absence of signs of inflammation;
- Common plaque psoriasis;
- The presence of a patient's hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug;
As well as in patients under the age of 12 months.
Dermoveit, according to the instructions, carefully prescribed during pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
Dermoveit in the form of cream and ointment is intended for external use.
Cream and ointment applied to the affected surface with a thin layer 1-2 times a day.
The duration of treatment is determined by the onset of visible improvement. Do not use the drug for more than 4 weeks. If the need arises to continue therapy beyond this period, then it is necessary to reduce the frequency of application of the drug, or replace Dermoveit with a less active glucocorticosteroid.
With the exacerbation of skin diseases, it is possible to repeat the course of drug treatment.
In especially resistant cases, Dermovite effect is enhanced by applying an ointment or cream for occlusive dressing with plastic wrap. After improving the condition of the drug is applied without a bandage.
The maximum weekly dosage of the drug should not exceed 50 g.
With frequent recurrences of psoriasis after achieving the effect of a course of treatment, intermittent use of Dermovate is possible (for example, 2 times a week). It has been established that with this approach to therapy, the frequency of relapses decreases. The drug is applied to all previously affected areas or areas of potential exacerbation. A similar treatment regimen is best combined with daily routine use of emollients.
When using Dermowate, certain side effects may occur:
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue: itching, soreness, burning sensation, local skin atrophy, telangiectasia, striae, wrinkles, thinning, dry skin, hypertrichosis, changes in pigmentation, increased symptoms of the disease, pustular psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, rash, erythema, bleeding, pustular psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, rash, erythema, erythema, bleeding psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, rash, erythema, erythema, bleeding psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, rash, erythema, erythema, bleeding pigmentation, allergic contact dermatitis, rash, erythema, bleeding, pigmentation, allergic contact dermatitis, erythema
- Infectious and parasitic diseases: infection caused by conditionally pathogenic organisms;
- Endocrine system: depression of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system, osteoporosis, hypertension, brittle hair, signs of cushingoid, growth retardation and weight gain in children, cataracts, glaucoma, weight gain or obesity, hyperglycemia or glycosuria, alopecia, endogram reduction, endogram.
- Immune system: hypersensitivity;
- Systemic side effects (with long-term use of Dermoveit on large surfaces): gastritis, symptoms of hypercorticism, increased intraocular pressure, ulceration of the gastrointestinal mucosa;
- Local reactions: pain and irritation at the site of application.
When applying Dermoveit it should be borne in mind that:
- If the improvement of the patient’s condition is not observed within 2-4 weeks from the moment of initiation of therapy, one should doubt the correct statement of the diagnosis;
- Do not use the drug for a long time in childhood because of the danger of suppression of the function of the adrenal cortex;
- In psoriasis, the barrier function of the skin may be weakened, tolerance may develop, pustular psoriasis may appear, recurrences occur more often;
- Occlusive dressings increase systemic absorption of the drug;
- On the face of Dermoveit, you can use no more than 5 days without an occlusive dressing;
- Do not allow hit of cream or ointment in the eyes;
- Before applying a fresh dressing, it is necessary to clean the skin, since heat and humidity contribute to the development of a bacterial infection. If a bacterial infection has occurred, then you should stop using Dermoveyt and start antibiotic therapy.
- In atopic dermatitis, sudden withdrawal of the drug may cause a relapse of previously existing dermatosis;
- Overdose of Dermovejta manifested symptoms of hypercortisolism. In such a situation, it is required to gradually eliminate the drug (reducing the frequency of application and replacing it with a less active glucocorticosteroid). Further treatment is carried out depending on the clinical situation.
Structural analogues of Dermoveit are such drugs as Cloveit, Clobetasol, Powercourt, Etryvex.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dermovet is stored at a temperature of not more than 30 ° in places with limited access of children not more than two years.