Dermazole is an antifungal drug intended for systemic, external and topical use.
Release form and composition
The active substance of dermazole is ketoconazole.
Dosage forms of the drug:
- Tablets containing 200 mg of the active ingredient, 10 pcs. in blisters, 1 or 2 blisters in a package;
- 2% cream for external use, 15 or 30 grams in tubes;
- 2% shampoo, 50 or 100 ml in bottles or 8 ml in a sachet, 20 sachets per package.
Indications for use
According to the instructions to Dermazole, in the form of tablets, the drug is used for systemic treatment of fungal infections of various localization, including:
- Candida infections of the mucous membranes of the digestive system;
- Fungal diseases of the skin, nails and hair, including onychomycosis, ringworm, candida paronychia, folliculitis of fungal origin, pityriasis versicolor (with the ineffectiveness of local therapy);
- Chronic vaginal candidiasis (for the treatment and prevention of relapses).
Also the tablet form of Dermazole is prescribed to patients with immunodeficiency for the prevention of fungal diseases.
In the form of a cream, the drug is used to treat:
- Epidermofitii limbs (upper and lower);
- Epidermofitii inguinal areas;
- Candida skin lesions;
- Pityriasis lichen;
- Folliculitis caused by Pityrosporum.
Dermazole Shampoo is prescribed for diseases of the scalp, such as:
- Pityriasis versicolor versicolor;
- Seborrheic eczema;
- Seborrheic dermatitis.
Regardless of the form of release the use of Dermazole is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to ketoconazole or any auxiliary component.
Inside the drug, in addition, should not be taken by pregnant and lactating women, as well as patients with liver disease, porphyria. It can be used, but under the supervision of a physician in case of insufficiency of adrenal function.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions to Dermazole, tablets should be taken with food, preferably at the same time every day.
For systemic fungal diseases, the drug is prescribed 1 tablet once a day. In severe cases of infection and in cases where the positive dynamics from the use of Dermazole in a dose of 200 mg is not observed, the dosage is increased to 400 mg (2 tablets) at one time.
The duration of treatment for each patient is determined taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism, the nature of the disease and the tolerance of the drug. After the disappearance of the symptoms of the disease and receiving a negative mycological test, therapy should be continued for at least 7 days.
On average, the duration of treatment is as follows:
- With fungal infections of the skin caused by dermatophytes - 2-6 weeks;
- With pityriasis lichen - 10 days;
- With candidal infections of the oral mucosa and skin - 2-3 weeks;
- With fungal hair lesions - from 3 weeks to 2 months;
- With onychomycosis - 6-12 months (treatment can be stopped only after the affected part of the nail plate has fully grown, therefore the duration of application of Dermazole depends on the growth rate of the nails)
- With systemic mycoses - 1-6 months.
For the prevention and treatment of chronic vaginal candidiasis, 2 tablets are prescribed once a day for 5 days.
For the prevention of fungal infections in people with immunodeficiency should also take 2 tablets per day. For children weighing less than 30 kg, the dose of the drug is calculated at the rate of 4-8 mg per kg of weight.
Cream Dermazole 1-2 times a day applied to the affected skin. The duration of treatment depends on the nature of the course of the disease. As a rule, it is:
- For pityriasis and candidal infections of the skin - 2-3 weeks;
- With seborrheic dermatitis - 2-4 weeks;
- When fungal skin diseases - 3-4 weeks.
Dermazole shampoo is designed to wash hair and scalp: apply to clean damp hair, foam well, leave for a few minutes, rinse thoroughly. It is recommended to use the agent daily:
- With pityriasis versicolor - within 5 days;
- With seborrheic dermatitis - for 3 days.
For the treatment and prevention of dandruff, it is recommended to wash your hair with shampoo 1 time in 1-2 weeks.
The following side effects may occur with oral administration of Dermazole:
- Nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, abnormal stool;
- Increased activity of liver enzymes, hepatitis;
- Dizziness, headache, photophobia;
- Pruritus, rash, urticaria, allergic rhinitis;
- Increased intracranial pressure;
- Violation of the menstrual cycle;
- Hair loss;
- Gynecomastia, impotence.
With the local and external use of Dermazole cream, irritation, burning and itching may be observed, while using a shampoo, a change in hair color or hair loss.
Overdose is possible only when taken orally in the form of tablets. Symptoms - nausea, dizziness, headache, vomiting. There is no specific antidote ketoconazole. If you accidentally take too large a dose of Dermazole, you should do a gastric lavage and take an enterosorbent. Further treatment of overdose is symptomatic.
With the systemic use of ketoconazole, dizziness is possible; for this reason, during the period of treatment, you should refrain from driving a car and performing potentially dangerous work.
With the same active substance the following medicines are produced: Mykozoral, Mykanish, Mykoket, Nizoral, Perhohot, Sebozol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dermazole falls into the category of OTC drugs.
All dosage forms of Dermazole, according to the instructions, should be stored in a place protected from sunlight at a temperature of 15-25 ºC. Shelf life and tablets, and cream, and shampoo is 3 years.