Dermazin is an antibacterial drug for external use in the prevention and treatment of infection of burns, wounds, trophic ulcers. In case of burns, the drug reduces the spread of necrosis in depth and promotes healing of burned skin surfaces. The drug is active against virtually all microbes that cause infection of wounds on the skin (Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus spp., Proteus spp., Streptococcus spp., Enterobacter spp., Klebsiella spp.), Some strains of the herpes virus, yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, and some yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, and some yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, and some yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, and some yeast fungi, and yeast fungi, are also strains of the herpes virus and yeast fungi. albicans).
Release form and composition
Dermazin is produced in the form of a cream, the active substance of which is microcrystalline silver sulfadiazine.
The following ingredients were used in the cream: polysorbate 60, ethyl alcohol, propylene glycol, hydrogenated peanut oil, methyl hydroxybenzoate, purified water, propyl hydroxybenzoate.
The drug is available in banks of 250 g or tubes of 50 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions Dermazin is used in the prevention and treatment of burn infections (including before autodermoplasty), infection of wounds and trophic ulcers.
According to the instructions Dermazin does not apply:
- With increased sensitivity of the patient to sulfonamides;
- In case of hypersensitivity of the patient to any of the components of the drug;
- In premature babies;
- At the age of 2 months;
- During childbirth.
Dosing and Administration
Dermazin cream is intended for external use.
After surgical treatment of the wound surface, the cream is applied with a layer of 2-4 mm 1-2 times a day.
The cream can be applied under dressings or used without them. At the same time when applying the cream under the bandage, it should be changed every day.
Treatment continues until the wound is completely healed.
When using Dermazin, side effects may develop:
- Local reactions: itching and burning sensation;
- Hematopoietic system: transient leukopenia (the maximum reduction in the number of leukocytes occurs 2-4 days after the start of therapy. Further, their level returns to normal within 2-3 days, regardless of whether the drug treatment continues or not), agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, aplastic anemia hemolytic anemia.
- Others: skin necrosis, erythema multiforme, interstitial nephritis, skin pigmentation disorders, dyspepsia, toxic nephrosis, hepatocellular necrosis, hepatitis, allergic reactions, CNS reactions.
When applying Dermazin should be borne in mind that:
- During treatment may develop superinfection;
- The drug is carefully prescribed to patients with congenital insufficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- The drug is carefully prescribed to patients who have abnormalities in the kidneys or liver due to the increased risk of drug cumulation due to its delayed elimination from the body. When treating a drug of this category of patients, it is necessary to regularly monitor serum sulfadiazine levels;
- With prolonged use of the cream on large surfaces, it is necessary to control the blood formula due to the risk of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, eosinophilia;
- When applying the cream on extensive wound surfaces, it is necessary to monitor the function of the kidneys, the level of sulfadiazine in serum and urine;
- Do not allow Dermazin in the eyes;
- The drug is not used for porphyria;
- Dermazin can inactivate enzyme preparations used to cleanse a wound;
- When using the drug simultaneously with cimetidine increases the risk of leukopenia;
- An overdose of the drug is manifested by increased adverse reactions. In such situations, symptomatic therapy is used, it is recommended to drink plenty of fluids (daily diuresis of 1200-1500 ml).
- During pregnancy, Dermazin is not used, except in cases where the potential benefit to the mother is higher than the risk to the health of the fetus (especially in the third trimester of pregnancy and during childbirth);
- If necessary, the use of the cream during lactation should stop breastfeeding because of the risk of side effects in the child.
Structural analogues of Dermazin are such drugs as Sulfadiazine, Sulfadiazine, Agedin, Sulfazina silver salt, Sulfadiazina silver salt, Arghedin, Silvederm.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dermazin is stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° in places not accessible to children no more than three years.