Deprim is a herbal remedy that has an antidepressant effect.
Release form and composition
- Tablets Deprim, coated, round, biconvex, green. 1 tablet contains 60 mg of dry standardized extract of Hypericum, including 300 μg of hypericin, as well as excipients: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, talc, lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide. In blister packs of 10;
- Capsules Deprim Forte green, hard gelatin, opaque. 1 capsule contains dry standardized extract of Hypericum in the amount of 425 mg, including 1 mg of hypericin. Additional substances of the drug are: magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, purified water, sodium lauryl sulfate, lactose monohydrate, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, talc. In blister packs of 10 capsules.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Deprim is indicated for use in:
- Emotional and psycho-vegetative disorders (chronic fatigue syndrome, general weakness, depression, reduced working ability, emotional exhaustion);
- Seasonal psycho-emotional disturbances caused by a decrease in the length of daylight and meteosensitivity;
- Climacteric psycho-emotional disorders (irritability, insomnia, fatigue).
According to the instructions, Deprim is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Severe depression;
- Children's age up to 12 years (for capsules Deprim Forte);
- Children's age up to 6 years (for tablets).
Dosing and Administration
Deprim tablets are taken orally, before eating, drinking half a glass of water. Assign to adult patients 1 pc. three times a day. For children from 6 to 12 years old, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 1-2 tablets twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. For children, the maximum permissible daily dose is 2 tablets. The drug should be administered under the supervision of the attending physician.
Deprim forte capsules for children from 12 years of age and adults are prescribed 1 unit per day. If necessary, the dosage can be increased up to 2 capsules per day (in the morning and in the evening, 1 pc.). The drug should be taken at about the same time.
The effect of Depririm therapy develops in 1.5-2 weeks. With regular intake of the drug, a stable therapeutic effect is observed for several weeks or months. If a positive trend is not observed a month after the start of taking Deprim, it is recommended to cancel its use and contact your doctor for further examination and selection of effective treatment.
The use of Deprim may cause the development of the following side effects from various systems of vital activity of the organism:
- Central nervous system: anxiety, feeling tired;
- The digestive system: constipation, nausea, vomiting;
- Skin reactions: in case of increased sensitivity to sunlight, the use of Deprim in combination with sunbathing can cause photosensitization (sunburn);
- Allergies: itching of the skin, redness of the skin.
In the case of prolonged use of Deprima in excessive doses, lethargy, general weakness, drowsiness, increased side effects of the drug may develop. In case of overdose, it is recommended to stop taking deprim and take the adsorbents.
Acute poisoning when taking drugs of Hypericum in patients was not observed.
Deprim with caution should be prescribed in combination with serotonin reuptake inhibitors, anticonvulsants, MAO inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, oral hormonal contraceptives, cardiac glycosides, drugs for treating migraine (triptans), reserpine, cyclosporine, theophylline, and one way to find an insulin sample, an insulin sample, and one way to treat migraines. oxidation (cytochrome P450).
Deprim may enhance the effect of opioid analgesics and general anesthetics.
Despite the fact that there are no data on the dangers of using Deprimum during pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is not recommended to use it during these periods, except for situations where the expected benefit of the mother outweighs the potential risks to the fetus or child.
During treatment with Deprime, patients are advised to avoid direct sunlight and ultraviolet radiation (refrain from visiting a tanning bed). Also during treatment with medication should not drink alcoholic beverages.
In the case of bipolar depression increases the likelihood of patients with manic-depressive psychosis as a result of taking Deprim.
It is forbidden to take more than one dose at a time. In case of skipping the drug, it should be taken as soon as possible, however, if the time comes to the next dose, the dosage is not doubled.
Deprim and Deprim Forte has no effect on the management of potentially dangerous mechanisms that require increased concentration of attention.
Structural analogues of Deprim are:
- Helarium Hypericum;
- Herbion Hypericum;
- Doppelgerz nervotonik;
- Life 600
- Life 900;
Drugs that have a similar pharmacological effect, but containing other active ingredients are:
- Adonis bromine;
- Bioline insomnia;
- Homvio Nervin.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Deprim is stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, in a room inaccessible for direct sunlight and moisture. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years from the date of issue. Do not use after expiration date.