Dexalgin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to reduce pain in various diseases.
Release form and composition
Dexalgin is available in the form of a solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration, the active substances of which are trometamol dexketoprin and dexketoprin.
As excipients in the preparation used: water for injection sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, ethyl alcohol.
Dexalgin is available in 2 ml glass ampoules, 1 5 and 10 ampoules per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dexalgin applies:
- For the purpose of symptomatic treatment of chronic and acute inflammatory, metabolic and inflammatory-degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system (spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteochondrosis, arthrosis);
- To relieve pain after surgery, with bone metastases, with renal colic, ischialgia, algomenorrhea, neuralgia, radiculitis, as well as to reduce post-traumatic pain and toothache.
According to the instructions, Dexalgin is contraindicated in:
- Severe disorders in the liver;
- Peptic ulcer disease;
- The history of gastrointestinal bleeding, as well as other active bleeding and at the same time with anticoagulant therapy;
- Crohn's disease;
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Severe renal impairment;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis and other coagulation disorders;
- Severe heart failure;
- Coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Hypersensitivity to NSAIDs and any components of the drug;
And also in childhood, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dexalgin is not used for intrashell, intrashell and epidural administration.
Dexalgin, according to the instructions, carefully used when:
- The presence of a history of allergic conditions;
- Hematopoiesis disorders;
- The presence of a predisposition to hypovolemia;
- SLE and mixed connective tissue diseases;
- Coronary heart disease;
As well as in patients aged over 65 years.
Dosing and Administration
Dexalgin is intended for administration intravenously and intramuscularly.
The drug is administered every 8-12 hours in 50 mg. If the need arises, it is possible to re-enter the drug after 6 hours. The maximum daily dosage is 150 mg.
In elderly patients and patients with impaired renal or hepatic function, the use of Dexalgin starts with a daily dosage of 50 mg.
The duration of treatment with dexalgin should not exceed 2 days. Further, if necessary, the patient is prescribed analgesics for oral administration.
When using dexalgin, certain adverse reactions may develop:
- Cardiovascular system: feeling of heat, arterial hypotension, skin hyperemia, extrasystole, arterial hypertension, tachycardia, superficial thrombophlebitis, peripheral edema;
- Blood system: anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia;
- Sense organs: blurred vision, tinnitus;
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, drowsiness, insomnia, paresthesia;
- Respiratory system: bradypnea, dyspnea, bronchospasm;
- Reproductive system: menstrual dysfunction in women, dysfunction of the prostate gland in men;
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, hematemesis, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, anorexia, jaundice, increased activity of hepatic transaminases, damage to the liver and pancreas;
- Urinary system: renal colic, polyuria, nephritis or nephrotic syndrome;
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, Lyell's syndrome, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, atopic dermatitis, angioedema;
- Musculoskeletal system: difficulty of movement in the joints, muscle spasm;
- Metabolism: hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, hypertriglyceridemia;
- Dermatological reactions: dermatitis, sweating, rash, acne, photosensitization;
- Laboratory indicators: proteinuria, ketonuria;
- Local and general reactions: pain, inflammation, hematoma, hemorrhages at the injection site, chills, feeling hot, fatigue, fainting, back pain, fever, swelling of the face. anaphylactic shock;
- Others: aseptic meningitis (with systemic lupus erythematosus or mixed connective tissue diseases), purpura, hemolytic and aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis, bone marrow hypoplasia.
When applying Dexalgin, it should be borne in mind that:
- Patients with diseases of the digestive system require constant medical supervision. In the event of an ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding, the drug is canceled;
- With the simultaneous use of the drug with drugs that affect blood clotting, careful medical supervision is required;
- Elderly patients are required to monitor liver and kidney function;
- The drug may mask the symptoms of infectious diseases. Therefore, when the deterioration of health or the manifestation of symptoms of a bacterial infection, the patient should inform the attending physician;
- Dexalgin may cause a decrease in the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration;
- An overdose of the drug is manifested by nausea, abdominal pain, anorexia, dizziness, headache, insomnia, disorientation. In such situations, the patient is shown symptomatic therapy (if necessary, dialysis, gastric lavage).
The analogue of Dexalgin is Dexketoprofen and Dexketoprofen trometamol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dexalgin stored in places inaccessible to children, at a temperature of not more than 25 ° not more than five years.
The solution of the drug after dilution can be stored no more than a day at a temperature of 2-8 ° in a dark place.