Dekasan is a medicinal product with antimicrobial, fungicidal, antiviral and procidal actions.
Release form and composition
Release the solution of Dekasan in glass bottles, plastic containers, disposable containers of various dosages (2, 5, 50, 100, 200, 250, 400, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000 ml).
The active substance of the drug is decametoxin (0.2 mg in 1 ml of solution). Auxiliary components are water for injection, sodium chloride.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dekasan is indicated for use in:
- Skin diseases of fungal, bacterial, pustular nature, microbial eczema;
- Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue of purulent-inflammatory nature at the stage of drainage and open wounds (carbuncle, furuncle, abscess, phlegmon, infected wounds, panacyria, etc.);
- Inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity (stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontitis);
- Severe respiratory diseases of inflammatory nature (abscess cystic hypoplasia of the lungs, suppurating bronchiectasis, exacerbation of chronic bronchitis);
- Diseases of the upper respiratory tract of inflammatory nature (chronic laryngopharyngitis, tonsillitis);
- Inflammatory diseases of the colon (ulcerative colitis, proctitis, sigmoiditis);
- Inflammatory diseases of the urogenital area (balanoposthitis, urethritis, vaginitis, prostatitis, endometritis).
Apply Dekasan in operative surgery during abdominal operations with the purpose of irrigation of the pleural and abdominal cavities, wound surfaces of organs.
It is advisable to use Dekasan:
- In the presterilization processing of medical equipment and instruments;
- For rehabilitation of the birth canal in pregnant women before childbirth;
- For disinfection of gloves and hands of medical personnel before performing operations and medical manipulations.
According to the instructions, Dekasan has no contraindications. The only exception is the individual intolerance to the active substance of the drug, decametoxine, since the development of unwanted allergic reactions is not excluded.
Dosing and Administration
In the form of lotions and washes Dekasan used for the treatment of skin diseases. In case of fistulous forms of the disease, daily rinsings in the solution are made through fistulous passages. The duration of medication therapy is 5 days.
In urological practice for the treatment of chronic cystitis and urethritis, before use, Dekasan is diluted with pure water in a ratio of 1: 7. For 20 washes (treatment), about 600 ml of solution will be required.
For the treatment of prostatitis and diseases of the large intestine, a heated solution of Decasan is injected into the rectum with enema twice a day in 100 ml. Treatment continues until the symptoms of the disease completely disappear.
In diseases of the oral cavity Dekasan is used for rinsing in a dose of 150 ml, or applications in a dose of 50 ml. In case of acute periodontal disease, grade 1–2 of a dystrophic-inflammatory nature, make Dekasan applications on the affected gums or irrigate the pockets of the gums with a solution (about 100 ml) until the acute symptoms of inflammation are relieved.
In case of candidiasis of the oral mucosa, necrotizing gingivitis, gargle 150 ml of Decasan 4-5 times a day. The duration of therapy is 10 days.
In chronic tonsillitis, fungal lesions of the tonsils, asymptomatic carriage of pathogenic bacteria with a solution rinse the pharynx and lacunae of the tonsils. At 1 rinse take about 100 ml of Decasan. It is recommended to carry out irrigation of the nasopharynx simultaneously.
Endobronchial application of Dekasan in inflammatory diseases of the respiratory organs requires special care and thoroughness. We recommend the following dosage and frequency of use:
- Ultrasonic inhalation - 10 ml up to two times a day;
- Microtracheostomy route of administration - 50 ml twice a day;
- Tracheobronchial lavage - up to 100 ml once a day;
- Using a transnasal catheter, 10 ml once a day.
The duration of therapy with Dekasan is 0.5-1 months.
For the treatment of mycotic, bacterial, trichomonas vaginitis, Dekasan is used in the form of douching 100 ml three times a day, preheated to 38 degrees. Similarly carried out prenatal rehabilitation of the birth canal in women before childbirth.
In the postpartum period, in order to prevent endometritis, Decasan is used to flush the uterus in a volume of up to 200 ml twice a day.
Disinfection of gloves and hands of medical personnel before performing operations or medical manipulations is carried out by treatment in the solution for at least 5 minutes.
Processing of medical equipment and tools is carried out by immersing it in a solution of Decasan for half an hour.
The use of Decasan in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance may cause allergic reactions in the form of urticaria, redness of the skin.
With the endobronchial method of administration of Dekasan, a feeling of heat and burning in the chest is possible.
Dekasan does not have a toxic effect on the body, however, it is recommended to carry out skin tests for individual sensitivity to the drug before carrying out the procedures.
For a more pronounced effect, patients should heat the solution to 38 degrees Celsius.
Due to its cationic surface-active properties, Decasan is incompatible with substances with anionic activity (soap, etc.).
The use of Dekasana increases the sensitivity to antibiotics of resistant strains.
Dekasan does not affect the ability to control potentially dangerous mechanisms that require high concentration of attention.
Structural analogs of Dekasan are drugs Decamethoxin, Aurisan, Oftadek, Conjunctin.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Dekasan should be stored in a cool place (18-25 degrees Celsius), protected from moisture and direct sunlight, out of reach of children. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years.