De-Nol is an anti-ulcer drug with astringent, anti-inflammatory, and bactericidal activity against Helicobacter pylori. The drug increases the stability of the gastrointestinal mucosa to the action of hydrochloric acid, pepsin, enzymes, bile salts.
Release form and composition
De-Nol is available in the form of tablets, the active ingredient of which is tri-potassium bismuth dicitrate.
As excipients in the tablets used: corn starch mania stearate, macrogol 6000, potassium polyacrylate, povidone K30, Opadry OY-S-7366 (shell).
Tablets are available in blisters, 56 or 112 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, De-Nol applies when:
- Exacerbations of chronic gastroduodenitis and gastritis;
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Functional dyspepsia, which is not associated with organic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Irritable bowel syndrome, accompanied by diarrhea.
According to the instructions, De-Nol is contraindicated in:
- Pronounced disorders in the kidneys;
- Individual intolerance to the components that make up the drug;
- Pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets De-Nol intended for oral administration.
- Children 4-8 years old - 8 mg per kilogram of body weight per day, divided into two doses. Take pills for half an hour before meals;
- Children 8-12 years old - one tablet 2 times a day for half an hour before meals;
- Children over 12 years old and adults - one tablet 4 times a day (three times half an hour before meals, the fourth - at night) or two tablets twice a day before meals.
In order to eradicate the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, De-Nol is prescribed simultaneously with anti-bacterial antibacterial agents.
The duration of the course of drug treatment is 4-8 weeks. After the end of De-Nol, the next 8 weeks do not use bismuth-containing drugs.
When using De-Nol, adverse reactions may develop:
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, increased stool, constipation;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching.
With the use of De-Nol for a long time and in high doses, the development of encephalopathy caused by the accumulation of bismuth in the central nervous system is possible.
When using De-Nol, it should be borne in mind that:
- It is not recommended to take other bismuth-containing drugs during drug therapy;
- Do not take the drug for more than 8 weeks;
- It is not recommended to exceed daily doses of the drug;
- During treatment, a slight darkening of the tongue and staining of feces in a dark color are possible;
- In case of an overdose of De-Nol, there are irregularities in the work of the kidneys, which are reversible (after discontinuation of the drug). In the event of an overdose, the patient is shown gastric lavage followed by the appointment of activated carbon, saline laxatives. Next - symptomatic treatment. In case of impaired renal function with a high level of bismuth in the blood, complexing agents are used (dimercaptopropanesulfonic and dimercaptosuccinic acids). In severe renal impairment, hemodialysis is used;
- Within 30 minutes before and after taking the drug should not be taken orally other drugs, milk, fruit and fruit juices, to eliminate their effect on the effectiveness of the drug.
Structural analogues of De-Nol are the following drugs: Ventrisol, Novobismol, Bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of not more than 25 ° in places with limited access of children no more than four years.