Dazolik is an antibacterial antiprotozoal drug used in the treatment and prevention of infections caused by anaerobic bacteria.
Release form and composition
Diazolik comes in the form of coated tablets, the active substance of which is ornidazole.
As auxiliary substances in the preparation used are microcrystalline cellulose, starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, colloidal silica, purified talc, polyvinylpyrrolidone K90, magnesium stearate, starch glycolate sodium (Type A), titanium dioxide, isopropyl alcohol, eudrazhit E-100, acetone, polyethylene glycol 6000, purified water.
Dazolik is available in blisters, 10 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dazolik applies when:
- Amoebic dysentery and extraintestinal amebiasis;
As well as in gynecological practice and during surgery on the colon in order to prevent infections caused by anaerobic bacteria.
According to the instructions, Dazolik does not apply when:
- The patient has individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Organic diseases of the central nervous system;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets Dazolik intended for oral administration.
- For amebic dysentery: children weighing <35 kg 40 mg per kilogram of body weight per day; adults and children weighing> 35 kg, 1.5 g once a day, and with a body weight of more than 60 kg - 2 g per day;
- In Giardiasis: children weighing <35 kg 40 mg per kilogram of body weight per day; Adults and children with body weight> 35 kg, 1.5 g once a day;
- In other forms of amebiasis: children up to 12 months - at 0.125 g, 1-6 years - at 0.25 g, 7-12 years - at 0.375 g; over 12 years old - 2 times a day, 0.5 g (in the morning and in the evening); adults - 2 times a day, 0.5 g (in the morning and in the evening);
- With trichomoniasis: children once 25 mg per pound of weight; adults - 2 times a day, 0.5 g;
- For prophylaxis of infections caused by anaerobic bacteria, prior to surgery, 0.5-1 g, after surgery, for 3-5 days, 2 times a day, 0.5 g each.
Dazolik therapy duration:
- When amebic dysentery - 3 days;
- With giardiasis - 1-2 days;
- With trichomoniasis - 5 days;
- With other forms of amebiasis - 5-10 days.
When using Dazolik, adverse reactions may develop in the form of: dizziness, headache, disturbance of consciousness, rigidity, tremor, seizures, discoordination of movements, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sensory or mixed peripheral neuropathy.
When applying Dazolika should be borne in mind that:
- The drug enhances the effect of coumarin anticoagulants and prolongs the action of vecuronium bromide;
- The drug does not inhibit acetaldehyde dehydrogenase;
- When trichomoniasis drug prescribed to both sexual partners at the same time;
- Overdose of the drug is manifested by peripheral neuritis, depression, epileptiform seizures. In such cases, symptomatic treatment is used.
Analogues Dazolika are drugs such as Ornidazole, Lornizol, Kvinizol, Avrazor, Gayro, Ornisid, Ornion, Tiberal.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of not more than 25 ° in places not accessible to children, not more than five years.