Dalacin belongs to the group of antimicrobial and antiseptic drugs. It is used to treat gynecological diseases and acne vulgaris.
Has bacteriostatic activity, when used in elevated concentrations has a bactericidal effect. Effective against microflora, provoking the development of vaginal dysbiosis (vaginosis): Mycoplasma hominis, Gardnerella vaginalis, Bacteroides spp., Peptostreptococcus spp., Mobiluncus spp.
Release form and composition
Forms of release of Dalatsin:
- 1% gel for external use;
- 2% vaginal cream;
- Vaginal suppositories.
The gel is a colorless, viscous, transparent homogeneous mass. As an active component, the drug contains clinkamycin, an antibiotic of the group of lincosamides, its concentration in one gram of gel is 10 mg. Auxiliary components: methylparaben, allantoin, propylene- and polyethylene glycol, carbomer 934P, sodium hydroxide, purified water. Gel for sale in aluminum tubes to 30 g.
One gram of Dalacin cream contains 20 mg of clindamycin, as well as a number of excipients: sorbitan monostearate, propylene glycol, polysorbate 60, stearic acid, cetostearyl alcohol, mineral oil, benzyl alcohol, cetyl palmitate, purified water. The cream is implemented in tubes of 20 and 40 g, additionally completed with three or seven plastic applicators, respectively, for the correct administration of the product.
Dalatsin candles have a torpedo shape, their surface is smooth, the color is white or close to white. One suppository contains 100 mg of clindamycin. The basis of the drug - solid fat Witepsol H-32, which is a mixture of mono-, di- and triglycerides. Candles for sale on 3 pieces. in package complete with applicator.
Indications for use
The use of Dalacin in the form of a cream and suppositories is indicated for vaginal dysbacteriosis (bacterial vaginosis) caused by microorganisms sensitive to clindamycin.
Gel, according to the instructions to Dalatsinu, prescribed for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
All dosage forms of the drug are contraindicated in persons with hypersensitivity to clindamycin, any auxiliary component of Dalacin and / or lincomycin in history.
Dosing and Administration
The instructions for Dalacin indicate that, in the form of a gel, the preparation should be applied twice a day with a thin layer on dry, pre-cleansed skin in places affected by acne. The course of treatment ranges from 1.5 months to six months.
Cream Dalatsin intended for local use. A single dose is 5 grams (which corresponds to the volume of one full applicator). The drug should be injected into the vagina daily for 3-7 days (if indicated). The optimal time for the procedure is before bedtime.
Rules for the use of Dalatsin as a cream:
- Remove the cap from the tube and install on the threaded neck plastic applicator;
- Rolling the tube from the opposite end, gently press on it so that the applicator is completely filled with cream (the container is filled when the piston reaches the stop);
- Unscrew the applicator from the tube and close it with a cap;
- Take a supine position, pull your knees to your chest;
- Holding the applicator in a horizontal position, carefully place it as deep as possible into the vagina (without causing discomfort);
- Slowly press the applicator plunger and insert Dalacin into the vagina;
- Remove the applicator and discard.
Suppositories Dalatsin administered intravaginally one per day (ie, 100 mg of clindamycin), before bedtime. The duration of treatment is from 3 days to one week.
The use of Dalacin in gel form is most often accompanied by an increase in dryness of the skin. Less common may be noted: gastrointestinal disorders (including nausea, vomiting and diarrhea), skin irritation, abdominal pain, contact dermatitis; folliculitis caused by gram-negative flora, as well as a burning sensation in the eyes, increased activity of the sebaceous glands. In extremely rare cases, colitis may develop.
When applied topically, clindamycin phosphate, which is part of Dalacin, can be absorbed in quantities that can cause systemic side effects.
In the period of application of the cream and suppositories Dalatsin in some cases, the following undesirable reactions are noted:
- Irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina and vulva;
- Vaginal infections;
- Soreness in the vagina;
- The appearance of atypical vaginal discharge;
- Vaginal candidiasis;
- Failures of the menstrual cycle;
- Trichomonas vaginitis;
- Uterine and nasal bleeding;
- Abnormal childbirth;
- Abdominal pain (both localized and generalized);
- Abdominal cramps;
- Bloating, flatulence;
- Pain in the back, in the side;
- Constipation or diarrhea;
- Taste perversion;
- The appearance of bad breath;
- Skin rash (including maculo-papular rash), erythema, pruritus;
- Cutaneous candidiasis;
- Inflammatory swelling;
- Upper respiratory tract infections;
- Fungal and bacterial infections;
- Abnormalities in the results of microbiological analyzes.
In accordance with the instructions for Dalacin, the incidence of these symptoms is less than 10%.
Women should be warned that vaginal cream and Dalacin suppositories can reduce the strength of latex and rubber products, in particular condoms and contraceptive diaphragms.
Analogues of Dalatsin in the form of a gel are Zerkalin, Klindatop, Clindovit, Zenerit, Erythromycin, Indoxil.
Analogues of suppositories and cream: Clindamycin, Clindacin, Klinds.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dalatsin - a drug list B. Store it should be in a place protected from light, at temperatures up to 25 ºС. Shelf life - 24 months.