Dayvoneks - D-vitamin-like, anti-periatic drug.
Release form and composition
Dayvoneks is available in the form of ointment and cream for external use, the active substance of which is calcipotriol.
Auxiliary substances in the preparation are:
- Ointment - macrogol stearate, alpha-tocopherol, propylene glycol, liquid paraffin, edetate disodium dihydrate, soft white paraffin, sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate water;
- Cream - glycerol, macrogol cetostearate, cetostearyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, chloroallylmetenamine chloride, edetate disodium dihydrate, liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, sodium hydroxide, water.
Ointment and cream are available in aluminum tubes of 30 or 100 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Dayvonex is used for vulgar psoriasis, including in combination therapy with cyclosporine, acitretin, corticosteroids.
According to the instructions, Dayvonex does not apply:
- If the patient is hypersensitive to any of the components of this drug;
- At the age of 18 years (cream) and at the age of 6 years (ointment);
- In diseases that are accompanied by calcium metabolism.
The drug is carefully used fpr:
- Acute hepatic and renal failure;
- Vitamin D hypervitaminosis;
- Presence of a history of nephrolithiasis;
- In patients aged over 65 years.
Dosing and Administration
The cream and ointment Dayvoneks, according to the instructions, are intended for external use.
The cream is applied to the affected areas with a thin layer 1-2 times a day. The maximum daily dosage of the cream is not more than 15 g; weekly - no more than 100 g
As a rule, the therapeutic effect of the use of Dayvonex in the form of a cream is observed in 7-14 days from the moment of the start of treatment. The duration of the course of treatment with a cream is not more than 6-8 weeks.
Ointment is applied to the affected areas in a thin layer 1-2 times a day.
When using Dayvonex ointment as part of a combination therapy with cyclosporine or acitretin, the drug is applied 2 times a day. When Dayvonex is used simultaneously with corticosteroids, treatment is carried out according to the scheme: in the morning - an ointment, in the evening - a corticosteroid drug or vice versa.
The maximum daily dosage of ointment for adults should be no more than 15 g per day (and no more than 100 g per week); for children 6-12 years old - no more than 50 g per week; for children over 12 years old - no more than 75 g per week.
The duration of the course of treatment with ointment is not more than 6-8 weeks.
When using Dayvonex in the form of a cream and ointment, certain adverse reactions may develop:
- Skin and subcutaneous tissues: rash, skin irritation, contact dermatitis, burning, erythema, dry and flaky skin, eczema, exacerbation of the course of psoriasis, hyperpigmentation, depigmentation, photosensitization, periorbital edema;
- Metabolism: hypercalciuria, hypercalcemia;
- Immune system: urticaria, allergic reactions, angioedema.
When applying Dayvoneks should be borne in mind that:
- The drug is not recommended to be applied on the vast surface of the skin (more than 30%);
- It is not recommended to use the drug in case of severe chronic psoriasis (due to the risk of hypercalcemia due to the increased absorption rate of the drug). If there is a need to use the drug in this form of the disease, it is necessary to constantly monitor the level of calcium in the urine and blood;
- If you exceed the maximum dose of Dayvonex may develop hypercalcemia;
- The drug should not be applied to the face;
- Wash hands thoroughly after each use of cream or ointment;
- The use of Dayvonex in patients younger than 18 years is possible only by short courses;
- During the period of drug therapy, prolonged exposure to the sun or exposure to the skin of artificial UV rays is not recommended;
- Drug therapy can be combined with selective and PUVA phototherapy, treatment with UV light only if the potential benefit is higher than the potential risk to the patient's health;
- The use of Dayvonex does not affect the level of concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions;
- It is not established how safe the use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Therefore, its use is not recommended during the indicated periods
- The drug should not be used simultaneously with local drugs, which include salicylic acid;
- Overdose Dayvoneksom increased levels of calcium in the blood and as a result, increased fatigue, decreased concentration, thirst, constipation, decreased muscle tone. In such situations, you must stop taking the drug.
Structural analogues of Dayvonex are such drugs as Psorkutan, Calcipotriol, Glenriaz.
Terms and conditions of storage
Dayvonex stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° in places with limited access of children no more than 2 years.