BronchoSan is a drug with mucolytic, expectorant and bronchodilator effects.
Release form and composition
Bronchosan is produced in the form of drops for oral administration, which include bromhexine hydrochloride, fennel oil, anise, mint, eucalyptus, marjoram, levomenthol.
Purified water, sodium hydrogen phosphate, sucrose, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, 35% hydrochloric acid, polysorbate 80, triethylene glycol, 96% ethyl alcohol were used as auxiliary substances in the preparation.
Broncho San is available in 25 ml dark glass bottles with a dropper cap.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, BronhoSan is used when:
- Respiratory diseases with difficult to separate viscous sputum (chronic obstructive bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, bronchiectasis, emphysema, pneumoconiosis, bronchial asthma, cystic fibrosis and others);
- Conditions after surgery and diagnostic procedures on the airways.
According to the instructions, BronhoSan does not apply:
- With a high sensitivity of the patient to the components of the drug;
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- At the age of 3 years;
- With exacerbation of peptic ulcer and gastric bleeding.
The drug should be used with caution when:
- Liver disease;
- Chronic renal failure;
Dosing and Administration
Drops BronhoSan intended for oral administration.
The drug is taken on a piece of sugar, washed down with a liquid, or dissolved in a small amount of water.
Dosage of Bronchossan:
- For children 3-6 years old - 10 drops, 4 times a day;
- For children 6-12 years old - 15 drops 4 times a day;
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 20 drops 4 times a day.
If a patient has renal insufficiency, a single dosage of the drug is reduced, or the intervals between intakes of the drug are increased.
The drug can also be used for inhalation. In this case, it is diluted 1: 1 with distilled water and heated to 36.6 ° C.
Dosage Bronchossan for inhalation:
- For children 3-6 years old - 10 drops for inhalation 2 times a day;
- For children 6-10 years old - 1 ml 2 times a day;
- For children 10-12 years old - 2 ml 2 times a day;
- For adults - 4 ml 2 times a day.
The duration of therapy is determined by the severity of the symptoms of the disease.
When using Bronchosan, certain adverse reactions may develop in the form of dyspepsia, acute peptic ulcer, allergic manifestations (swelling of mucous membranes and skin, erythema), and an increase in the concentration of serum enzymes.
When applying Bronhosan, it should be borne in mind that:
- To enhance the mucolytic action of the drug, it is necessary to use a lot of liquid;
- It is not recommended to prescribe the drug at the same time as cephalosporins and depressants of the cough center because of the possible accumulation of mucus in the respiratory tract;
- The drug helps to improve the diffusion of sulfonamides and antibiotics in the bronchial secretion.
The drug has no structural analogues.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bronchosan is stored at a temperature of 15-25 ºС in a dark place with limited access for children, not more than two years.