Bronchobos is a mucolytic drug.
Release form and composition
Make syrup Bronhobos and capsules.
The syrup is released in dosages of 2.5% and 5%, containing the active component carbocysteine in the amount of 125 and 250 mg per 5 ml of the preparation, respectively. Auxiliary components are sodium hydroxide, ethanol 96%, citric acid, raspberry flavor, distilled water, azorubine CL 14720, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, sodium saccharinate, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, glycerol.
One capsule of Bronhobos contains 375 mg of carbocysteine, as well as excipients: gelatin, corn starch, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide.
In blisters of 10 pieces.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bronhobos shown when:
- Bronchopulmonary diseases of an acute and chronic nature, which are accompanied by the formation of viscous, difficult to discharge sputum (bronchitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis, bronchiectasis, asthma);
- Inflammatory diseases of the middle ear and nose, accompanied by the separation of mucus (otitis media, rhinitis, sinusitis);
- Preparation for diagnostic procedures (bronchography, bronchoscopy).
According to the instructions, Bronhobos contraindicated in the following cases:
- Children's age up to 15 years (for capsules);
- Children's age up to 2 years (for syrup);
- Acute glomerulonephritis, as well as chronic in the acute phase;
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- Acute cystitis;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Hypersensitivity to carbocysteine and auxiliary components of the drug.
In the application of Bronhobos caution should be exercised with a history of duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer, as well as a history of chronic glomerulonephritis.
Dosing and Administration
Bronhobos capsules are intended for internal use. Adolescents over 15 years old and adults are prescribed 2 capsules three times a day. Upon reaching the therapeutic effect, it is recommended to reduce the daily dosage to 2 capsules twice a day. The duration of therapy is on average 1-2 weeks. If you need a longer time to take the drug, it is recommended to consult with your doctor.
Bronhobos syrup is prescribed inside. The dosage for children aged 2-4 years is 2.5-5 ml of syrup 2.5% 2-4 times a day; 4-12 years old - 10 ml of syrup 2.5% or 5 ml of syrup 5% three times a day; Adults are usually prescribed 15 ml of Bronhobos syrup 5% three times a day.
The use of Bronhobos is generally well tolerated by patients, and rarely causes side effects of the drug. Sometimes possible:
- Allergic reactions in the form of urticaria, itching, eczema;
- Disorders of the digestive system: diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, pain in the epigastrium.
In patients with bronchial asthma and advanced age, headache and airway obstruction may occur.
In case of occurrence of severe side effects, it is recommended to reduce the dose of Bronhobos or stop taking it.
If the patient has a history of peptic ulcer disease, treatment with Bronchobos should be started with smaller doses. It is possible to combine the therapy with Bronchobos with physiotherapeutic procedures.
With concomitant diabetes, it should be borne in mind that Bronhobos syrup contains 5.25 g of sucrose per 1 tablespoon of the drug 5% and 3.5 g per 1 teaspoon in the medication 2.5%. Bronhobos capsules do not contain sugar, so they can be taken by patients with diabetes without restrictions.
The use of Bronhobos in combination with glucocorticosteroids and antibiotics increases their effectiveness in the treatment of diseases of the lower and upper respiratory tract.
The drug enhances the bronchodilator effect of theophylline.
Atropin-like and antitussive agents weaken the activity of carbocysteine.
Analogs of Bronhobos, which have a similar pharmacological effect, are drugs:
- Libexin Mucco;
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Bronkhobos is recommended to store in a dry place inaccessible to children. The shelf life of both dosage forms of the drug is 3 years.