Bronchipret is a medicinal product based on herbal ingredients, which has an expectorant effect.
Release form and composition
Bronchipret is made in several dosage forms:
- Drops for internal use in bottles of 50 or 100 ml. 100 g of drops contains the active substances: 50 mg of thyme herb extract and 15 g of ivy leaf tincture. Auxiliary substances are ethyl alcohol 19%, purified water, citric acid monohydrate, saccharin sodium dihydrate;
- Syrup for internal use in bottles of 50 or 100 ml. 100 g of syrup contains active ingredients: 1.5 g of ivy leaf extract and 15 g of thyme herb extract, as well as additional components: potassium sorbate, citric acid monohydrate, maltitol syrup, purified water;
- Tablets in a package of 20, 50 or 100 pieces. 1 tablet contains active substance: 160 mg dry extract of herb thyme and 60 mg dry extract of cowslip, and auxiliary ingredients: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, dimethicone, peppermint flavor, anhydrous colloidal silica, povidone, glucose, propylene glycol , magnesium stearate, talc, titanium dioxide, riboflavin, chlorophyll, polyacrylate dispersion, sodium saccharinate.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bronchipret is indicated for diseases of the respiratory tract of inflammatory etiology, the clinical symptoms of which are productive cough (bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, etc.).
According to the instructions, Bronchipret is not prescribed in the following cases:
- Children under 12 years old (for tablets), up to 3 months (for syrup), up to 6 years (for drops);
- Hypersensitivity to the active or additional substances of the drug;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In applying Bronchipret, caution should be exercised when:
- Abnormal liver function;
- Diseases and injuries of the brain;
- Alcohol abuse (ethanol is present in the medication).
Dosing and Administration
For children over 6 years old, Bronchipret may be administered in the form of drops. At the age of 6-11 years, 25 drops are prescribed four times a day, from 11 to 18 years old - 28 drops four times a day. For adult patients, the dosage of the drug is 40 drops.
Bronchipret syrup is prescribed to children from three months of age. At the age of 3 months to 1 year, the dosage of syrup is 10-16 drops. After 1 year - 17 drops three times a day. Each subsequent year is allowed to add to the dosage of 3 drops.
Bronchipret tablets are prescribed to patients over 12 years old. The daily dose of tablets for children over 12 years old and adults is 3 pieces per day. According to the instructions, Bronchipret taken after meals.
Bronchipret application is predominantly well tolerated by patients. Occasionally, dyspeptic symptoms, nausea, and allergic reactions due to hypersensitivity to the drug components are possible.
Combined use of Bronchipret and antibiotic drugs is not recommended, as there is an increase in the level of antibiotic in the airways.
Purpose Bronchipret together with antitussives disrupts the process of sputum discharge from the respiratory tract.
Combined use of the drug with antibacterial drugs is allowed.
The patient should be aware of the fact that if for 10-15 days after the start of treatment with Bronchipret symptoms of the disease persist, it is necessary to consult a doctor for additional examination and the appointment of alternative therapy.
Before use, drops and syrup Bronchipret must be shaken. During long-term storage, the contents of the vials may become cloudy, a slight precipitate is formed, which does not affect the medicinal properties of the drug.
Considering the fact that Bronchipret contains ethanol, it should be administered to children only when absolutely necessary.
Analogs of Bronchipret that have similar pharmacological effects are:
- Balsam Ho;
- Gentian Compositum;
- Dr. Mom;
- Cold flu;
Terms of storage conditions
According to the instructions, Bronchipret is stored in a dark, dry, cool, out of reach of children, not longer than three years from the date of manufacture.