Biprol is a drug used to treat diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Release form and composition
Biprol is produced in the form of biconvex yellow, film-coated tablets, in transverse sections of which two layers are visible, in blisters of 10 pieces, and also 100 pieces each. in polymer cans.
One tablet contains 5 mg of bisoprolol fumarate and such excipients as:
- Colloidal silicon dioxide;
- Magnesium stearate;
- Corn starch;
- Microcrystalline cellulose;
The coating of the tablet coating includes hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, titanium dioxide, tropeolin O, macrogol 4000, and talc.
Biprol also produced in the form of dark yellow biconvex, film-coated tablets, in polymer cans of 100 pcs. and blisters of 10 pcs.
One tablet of the drug contains 10 mg of bisoprolol fumarate and excipients - collidon CL, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, ludipress, colloidal silicon dioxide and corn starch.
The composition of the shell covering the tablets includes the same components as in 5 mg Biprol tablets.
Indications for use
In accordance with the instructions, Biprol is prescribed in cases of treatment of arterial hypertension and for the prevention of attacks of angina pectoris.
Biprol use is contraindicated in Prinzmetal angina pectoris, shock, acute heart failure, sinoatrial blockade, collapse, AV blockade of the second and third degree, pulmonary edema, severe bradycardia, as well as in cases of hypersensitivity to the components of the preparation.
Biprol is not prescribed simultaneously with MAO inhibitors, patients with chronic heart failure in the decompensation stage, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cardiomegaly, sick sinus syndrome and arterial hypotension.
Also, the use of Biprol is contraindicated in children under 18 years of age, with pheochromocytoma and metabolic acidosis.
With care, Biprol is prescribed to elderly patients with liver failure, psoriasis, chronic renal failure, diabetes, myasthenia, thyrotoxicosis and atrioventricular blockade of the first degree.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is taken once inside on an empty stomach in the morning, without chewing and drinking water with a dose of 5 mg, with a possible increase in dose to 10 mg.
The instructions to Biprol indicate that the agent may cause side effects from certain body systems, namely:
- Weakness, sleep disturbance and tremor, dizziness, fatigue and headache, short-term memory loss, anxiety and depression, confusion, asthenia and hallucinations, paresthesia in the extremities and myasthenia (central nervous system);
- Conjunctivitis, blurred vision, soreness and dryness of the eyes (sensory organs);
- Impaired myocardial conduction, sinus bradycardia, arrhythmias, palpitations, AV blockade, lowering blood pressure, weakening myocardial contractility, orthostatic hypotension, chest pain and angiospasm (cardiovascular system);
- Changes in taste, diarrhea, dryness of the oral mucosa, abdominal pain, abnormal liver function, vomiting, constipation, and nausea (digestive system).
Biprol can also cause the following side reactions and effects:
- Laryngism, nasal congestion, bronchospasm and difficulty breathing (respiratory system);
- Urticaria, pruritus and rash (allergic reactions);
- Hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia and hypothyroid state (endocrine system);
- Hyperemia of the skin, exacerbation of the symptoms of psoriasis, increased sweating and exanthema (skin);
- Thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia, changes in the activity of liver enzymes, triglycerides and bilirubin levels (laboratory values);
- Arthralgia, decreased potency, back pain, decreased libido and withdrawal syndrome (other reactions).
Symptoms of Biprol overdose are fainting, arrhythmia, dizziness, AV block, bronchospasm, severe bradycardia, chronic heart failure, convulsions, ventricular extrasystole, difficulty breathing, marked reduction in blood pressure, finger or palm cyanosis of the finger nails. In such cases, gastric lavage and the appointment of symptomatic therapy is required.
It is recommended to monitor patients during the use of Biprol, which should include regular measurement of blood pressure and heart rate, electrocardiography, as well as monthly determination of blood glucose in diabetic patients.
If depression develops during therapy, it is necessary to reduce the dose of Biprol by one-fourth every 3-4 days and gradually stop taking the drug.
The drug affects the ability to drive complex mechanisms and vehicles, which the patient must be prevented before starting treatment.
The synonyms of the drug are the drugs Concor, Aritel, Tires, Bidop, Bisoprolol, Bisomor, Niperten and Coronal. Biprol analogs are drugs such as:
- Corvitol 100;
Terms and conditions of storage
Biprol, according to the instructions, should be stored in a dry place inaccessible to children and light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.
The drug is released from pharmacies by prescription, its shelf life is three years. After the expiration date of the drug must be disposed of.