Biozim is a complex of highly active enzymes of animal and vegetable origin, belonging to the pharmacotherapeutic group “Other dietary supplements”.
Release form and composition
Supplements are available in the form of coated enteric tablets, which include:
- 500 mg of vegetable proteolytic enzyme bromelain derived from pineapple;
- 150 mg of pancreatin;
- 200 mg of ginger root powder;
- 100 mg of licorice;
- 50 mg of cellulase;
- 10 mg amylase;
- 10 mg of lipase;
- 10 mi papain.
Bios tablets are sold in a package of 90 pcs.
Indications for use
The action of Biosima is aimed at:
- Removal of inflammation;
- Immunity increase;
- The destruction of immune complexes that are deposited in the vascular walls;
- Acceleration of elimination from the body of necrotic tissue and toxic metabolic products;
- Normalization of blood rheological parameters and improvement of its circulation in capillary type microvessels;
- Acceleration of resorption of hematomas and removal of tissue swelling;
- Resorption of formed blood clots;
- Improving tissue nutrition;
- Cleavage of proteins and fats;
- Improving digestion.
Considering the described properties, Bios, according to the instructions, it is advisable to apply in the following cases:
- To improve the digestibility and assimilation by the body of protein foods, foods rich in fats and carbohydrates;
- In rheumatoid arthritis (chronic systemic disease affecting connective tissue);
- With rheumatic lesions of soft tissue (extra-articular rheumatism);
- In ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis);
- For the treatment of thrombosis, accompanied by inflammation of the venous wall;
- In post-thrombotic syndrome (a condition that develops after one or several episodes of deep vein thrombosis);
- With obliterating endarteritis (Buerger’s disease);
- For prophylactic purposes, to prevent chronic recurrent phlebitis (inflammation of the vein walls), inflammatory damage to lymph nodes (lymphadenitis), secondary lymphostasis (lymphatic edema);
- In inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract (with the localization of the inflammation in the paranasal sinuses, bronchi, lungs);
- For the treatment of ulcerative colitis;
- With multiple sclerosis;
- In inflammatory diseases of the urogenital tract (for example, in cystitis, cystopielitis or prostatitis);
- For the treatment of gynecological diseases proceeding in a chronic form (adnexitis, mastopathy, etc.);
- In inflammatory conditions that occur in the pre-and postoperative period;
- To relieve post-traumatic tissue edema;
- When performing plastic and reconstructive surgeries;
- In traumatological practice with injuries, sprains, bruises, chronic post-traumatic processes, affecting the soft tissue inflammatory processes;
- In sports medicine to eliminate the effects of sports injuries.
According to the annotation to the drug, contraindications to the use of biosyme are:
- Individual sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- Cirrhosis of the liver;
- Renal failure.
Doctors warn that patients with cirrhosis and impaired renal function while taking this supplement have a high risk of bleeding, this is due to poor blood clotting in this category of patients.
Pregnant and lactating women should start a consultation with a doctor before starting a course of taking biosyme.
Dosing and Administration
As an anti-inflammatory agent Bios, according to the instructions, it is recommended to take 2-3 tablets daily 2 or 3 times a day. The maximum allowable daily dose - 8 tablets. Supplements taken on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of liquids (not less than 200-250 ml).
To improve the function of digestion and in the application of biosyme in programs aimed at weight loss, the drug should be taken 2 or 3 times a day, 1 tablet.
The duration of receiving biosyma is 14 days. In cases where this is necessary, a course repetition is allowed after 14 days.
Numerous patient reviews indicate that in the overwhelming majority of cases this dietary supplement is well tolerated. If side effects arise when using Biosyme, they are usually caused by individual hypersensitivity or intolerance to one or another substance that is a part of dietary supplements, and are most often expressed in the form of allergic reactions.
In some cases, there may be such phenomena as abnormal stools, a feeling of discomfort in the stomach, nausea.
Bios is not a drug, so you should consult with your doctor before using it. And it is even more strictly forbidden to replace with this bioadditive the main treatment prescribed by the attending doctor.
Pancreatin, which is part of the drug, reduces the absorption of iron. And its effectiveness reduces magnesium hydroxide, calcium carbonate and antacids.
The following drugs can be considered analogs of biosyme:
- Containing Pancreatin: Vestal, Gastenorm, Creon, Mezim, Mikrasim, Pangrol, PanziKam, Panzim, Panzinorm, Pancreasim, Pancreatin, Pancrenorm, Pancitrat, Uni-Festal, Enzistal-P, Hermital
- Having a similar effect on the human body: Abomin, Biofestal, Nigedasa, Normozyme, Pankreoflat, Pepsin K, Pepfiz, Ferestal, Festal, Unienzyme, Enzistal, Enterosan.
Terms and conditions of storage
Biozim is a dietary supplement that can be bought at a pharmacy without a doctor's prescription. According to the manufacturer's recommendations, the drug should be stored in a dry place protected from sunlight. The optimum temperature is up to 25 ºС. If these conditions are met, Biozim's shelf life is 3 years.