Biovital is a multivitamin preparation containing trace elements.
Release form and composition
Biovital is produced in the form of dragees, which include ascorbic and folic acids, retinol acetate, riboflavin, thiamine hydrochloride, nicotinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, ferrous sulfate, cyanocobalamin, citrate complex iron-sodium, dry extracts of morass grass, leaves, flowers, and fruits of the motherwort fruit, leaves, flowers, and fruits of the motherwort fruit, leaves, flowers, and fruits of the motherwort fruit, leaves, flowers, and fruits of the morass; .
Purified water, sucrose, stearyl alcohol, magnesium stearate, gelatin, stearic acid, corn starch, povidone, dextrose syrup, butylhydroxytoluene, silicon, dextrin were used as excipients in the preparation.
Biovital is available in blisters of 30, 60 and 90 tablets in a package.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Biovital is used to treat and to prevent hypovitaminosis and avitaminosis, with a lack of iron in the body:
- During recovery after severe or prolonged illness, in the postoperative period, after large blood loss;
- With high intellectual and physical stress as an anti-stress agent;
- In the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular and nervous systems (sleep disturbance, nervous overstrain) as part of combination therapy as a general tonic.
According to the instructions, Biovital does not apply when:
- The accumulation of iron in the body and the violation of its digestibility;
- High patient sensitivity to the components included in the drug.
The drug is carefully used in patients of preschool age.
Dosing and Administration
Biovital is intended for oral administration.
Drops are swallowed, without chewing, during or before meals.
- Pupils –– 1 tablet 2 times a day;
- Adults and adolescents - 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
The duration of taking multivitamin complex is set by the attending physician.
When using Biovital, allergic reactions can develop.
When applying Biovital, it should be borne in mind that:
- Taking the drug may lead to staining of the chair black; urine is yellow;
- It should not be taken simultaneously with this drug other multivitamin complexes;
- 1 tablet of the drug corresponds to 0.02 bread units (which is important for patients with diabetes mellitus);
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the drug should be taken only in recommended daily dosages;
- The iron contained in the preparation impairs the absorption of tetracycline antibiotics;
- Absorption of iron, a member of a multivitamin complex, is disturbed by colestiramine and antacids containing magnesium, aluminum, calcium.
Analogs of Biovital
Biovital analogs include drugs: Trevita, Ribovital, Revalid, Perfectil, Feroglobin, Pantovigar, Ginvit, Antioxycaps, Velmen and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
Biovital stored at a temperature of not more than 25º in a dry place with limited access of children, not more than three years.