Bioparox is an antibiotic drug used in ENT practice, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects.
Release form and composition
Make Bioparox in the form of an aerosol dosed for inhalation. 1 cylinder contains the active substance - fusafungin - in the amount of 50 mg (125 μg in 1 dose).
Auxiliary components of the drug are anhydrous ethanol, propellant 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, saccharin, isopropyl myristate, aromatic additive 14868.
In aluminum cylinders of 10 ml (400 inhalations) complete with a metering valve, spray nozzles and a cap-activator.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bioparox is used in ENT-practice for the local treatment of acute inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract, including the infectious nature:
It is also advisable to use Bioparox for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases after tonsillectomy.
According to the instructions, do not prescribe Bioparox:
- Children under the age of 2.5 years, since there is a high probability of developing laryngospasm;
- With increased individual intolerance of the active or auxiliary components of the drug;
Bioparox prescribed with caution with a tendency to allergic reactions, in particular, bronchospasm.
Do not hit the medicine in the eyes. If this happens, it is necessary to immediately rinse the eyes under running water and consult a doctor.
Dosing and Administration
Bioparox used in the form of inhalation through the mouth or nose.
Adult patients are prescribed 2 inhalations through the nose or 4 through the mouth up to four times a bitch.
For maximum therapeutic action, you should follow the recommendations specified in the instructions for Bioparox. Treatment should not be stopped when the first signs of improvement appear, as premature discontinuation of therapy may cause a relapse. However, the duration of treatment with Bioparox should not exceed one week, after which the patient should consult a doctor to assess the effectiveness of therapy.
In the case of severe symptoms of a bacterial infection, a combination of Bioparox with systemic antibiotics is allowed.
Bioparox application rules:
- Before first use, press the base of the cylinder 4 times to activate it;
- Before inhalation through the nose should be cleaned nasal passages. The cylinder is held vertically, nozzle up. To carry out inhalation, it is necessary to fix the cap on the balloon (transparent for children, yellow for adults) and put it in the nasal passage. The adjacent nostril at the same time should be clamped with a finger and close the mouth. During a deep breath until it stops, press the base of the balloon;
- To carry out inhalation through the mouth, you need to put a white nozzle on the balloon, put it in your mouth, firmly press it with your lips and press intensively on the base of the balloon, taking a deep breath to fully irrigate the pharynx and tonsils.
The nozzles are recommended to be disinfected after a day with a cotton swab moistened with ethanol.
The use of Bioparox can cause the following side effects:
- General: an unpleasant taste in the mouth, sneezing, dry mucous membranes of the eyes and respiratory tract, redness of the mucous membrane of the eyes, cough, feeling of irritation in the throat, nausea and vomiting;
- Allergies: local reactions due to hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Immune system: anaphylactic shock;
- Respiratory system: attacks of asthma, laryngospasm, shortness of breath, angioedema;
- Skin: skin rash, urticaria, itching.
If an allergy to the drug develops, its use should be discontinued. If respiratory, skin or laryngeal symptoms appear, it is recommended to immediately inject adrenaline in a dose of 0.01 µg / kg of body weight, since there is a possibility of anaphylactic shock.
The use of Bioparox may cause an overdose, accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Numbness in the mouth;
- Pain and burning in the throat;
- Circulatory disorders.
In case of overdose, symptomatic therapy should be carried out.
Bioparox prescribed with caution during pregnancy, since there are no data on its use during this period. It is not recommended to prescribe a drug to women who are breastfeeding, with the exception of strict indications.
Long-term studies have shown that fusafungin does not have an embryo, genotoxic and teratogenic effect on the fetus.
Bioparox analogs that have similar pharmacological effects are drugs:
- Tantum Verde;
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Bioparox should be stored in a dark, dry place out of reach of children. Spray can not be kept near high temperatures.
The shelf life of the drug is 2 years.