Bilobil is a medicinal product based on components of plant origin that improves peripheral and cerebral circulation.
Release form and composition
Make capsules Bilobil gelatinous, lilac-brown color. The capsule contains a powder of yellowish-brown color - dry standardized extract of leaves of ginkgo biloba (40 mg in 1 piece).
Auxiliary components of the drug are: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bilobil is indicated as a drug for cognitive and neurosensory deficiency of various origins:
- Impaired attention or memory, reduced intellectual abilities in old age;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Dyscirculatory encephalopathy due to stroke;
- Sleep disturbance, feeling of fear;
- Diabetic retinopathy;
- Senile macular degeneration.
Bilobil is also shown when:
- Raynaud's syndrome;
- Impairment of hearing, coordination of vascular origin, dizziness and ringing in the ears;
- Violations and reduced visual acuity of vascular genesis;
- Intermittent claudication with obliterating arteriopathies of the lower extremities of a chronic nature (degree 2 according to Fontaine).
According to the instructions Bilobil contraindicated in:
- Erosive gastritis;
- Low blood clotting;
- Gastric or duodenal ulcer history;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Acute disorders of cerebral circulation;
- Under 18 years old.
Dosing and Administration
Bilobil capsules are intended for internal use. The standard dosage is 1 capsule three times a day. Capsules are swallowed whole before or after meals with a glass of water.
Therapeutic effect of Bilobil is usually observed one month after the start of treatment. To achieve a stable therapeutic effect, it is recommended to use Bilobil for at least three months. At the end of this period, the patient should consult with your doctor about the need for further therapy.
The use of Bilobil can cause the following side effects from various systems of vital activity of the organism:
- Gastrointestinal tract: bleeding, nausea, vomiting, dyspeptic symptoms;
- Nervous system: dizziness, headache;
- Vascular disorders: hemorrhage in the eye, brain (especially in combination with drugs that prevent blood clotting);
- Skin reactions: skin rash, itching, swelling, redness caused by hypersensitivity to the drug.
In the event of severe side effects, treatment with Bilobilom is recommended to stop.
Before starting the use of Bilobil, the patient should make sure that the symptoms are not a manifestation of another disease that requires specialized treatment.
If you detect reactions due to hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components, drug therapy should be discontinued. Bilobil contains glucose and lactose; therefore, it is contraindicated in patients with glucose-galactose malabsorption, lack of lactase and rare hereditary forms of lactose intolerance.
Before surgery, the patient must be told to the doctor that he is taking Bilobil capsules. If there is an increased tendency to bleeding or when taking anticoagulants, hypotensive and hypoglycemic drugs, the patient is advised to consult a doctor about the appropriateness of Bilobil therapy.
According to the instructions, Bilobil should not be prescribed in combination with acetylsalicylic acid, coumarin anticoagulants and other NSAIDs, as this may increase the risk of bleeding due to prolonged blood clotting period.
Bilobil in combination with antiepileptic drugs can cause a decrease in seizure threshold, which increases the likelihood of epileptic seizures. Therefore, in combination with these drugs Bilobil should be taken with caution.
Bilobil is not prescribed to women during pregnancy and lactation because of the lack of data on the safety of its use during these periods.
It is not recommended to prescribe Bilobil to children under 18, as there is insufficient data on the safety of its use for this age group.
During treatment with Bilobil, patients should be careful in managing potentially dangerous mechanisms that require increased concentration.
Structural analogues of Bilobil are the following drugs:
- Bilobil Forte;
- Ginkgo biloba;
- Bilobil Intens 120.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bilobil Capsules should be stored in a dry, dark, cool and out of reach of children. The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of issue.