Bifiform - a drug used in the regulation of intestinal microflora, the correction of disorders in the digestive tract, increasing the nonspecific resistance of the organism.
Release form and composition
Bifiform produced in the form of capsules, which include Bifidobacterium longum and Enterococcus faecium.
The drug is available in aluminum canisters of 30 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bifiform is applied:
- To normalize the intestinal microflora, maintain immunity, prevent and treat dysbacteriosis in patients older than two years;
- When diarrhea caused by rotavirus infection, acute gastroenteritis and exacerbation of chronic gastroenteritis;
- With diarrhea associated with taking antibacterial drugs;
- With the so-called "traveler's diarrhea";
- When lactose intolerance;
- As part of standard eradication therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection;
- In the complex treatment of acute intestinal infections;
- In the complex treatment of chronic diseases of the digestive system (irritable bowel syndrome, colitis and other digestive disorders of functional origin).
According to the instructions, Bifiform is not prescribed if the patient has an individual intolerance to the components of the product.
Dosing and Administration
Bifiform capsules are intended for oral administration. They are taken regardless of the meal.
- Normalization of intestinal microflora and immunity support - 2-3 capsules per day for 10-21 days;
- Lactose intolerance - 1 capsule 3 times a day;
- Eradication therapy of Helicobacter pylori infection - from the first day of therapy, 2 capsules 2 times a day for 14 days;
- Acute diarrhea - 4 times a day, 1 capsule until stool is normalized. Next, take the drug 2-3 capsules per day for 2-3 days;
- Children older than 2 years - 2-3 times a day, 1 capsule. It is allowed to open the capsule and mix its contents with the liquid.
When applying Bifiform in doses prescribed by the instruction, adverse reactions, as a rule, do not occur.
When applying Bifiform, it should be borne in mind that:
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage of the drug. With a significant overdose of the drug, patients are recommended medical supervision;
- Simultaneously with the drug can be taken antibacterial agents;
- The drug can be taken during pregnancy and lactation.
The drug has no analogues.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bifiform stored at a temperature of not more than 25º in places not accessible to children, not more than two years.