Bifidumbacterin - probiotic, which consists of living microorganisms that are active against pathogenic bacteria.
Release form and composition
Bifidumbacterin is made in several dosage forms:
- Lyophilisate in ampoules and vials;
For the manufacture of the drug in ampoules and vials used microbial mass of living bifidobacteria, lyophilized dried in a protective sugar-gelatin-dairy medium with a growing medium.
Bifidumbakterin powder is a lyophilized biomass of live bacteria, purified from the growing medium.
In one dose of Bifidumbakterin in vials contain 10 ^ 7 living microbial cells, in powder - 10 ^ 8. Each of these packages contains 5 doses of the drug, in candles and tablets - 1 dose.
Bifidumbacterin Forte is also produced, containing a dried microbial mass of living bifidobacteria immobilized on stone activated carbon (10 ^ 7 in 1 dose). The drug is released in powder form in 5 doses.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bifidumbacterin for internal use is prescribed for:
- Prevention and treatment of dysbacteriosis of the gastrointestinal tract of various origins (including gastric and duodenal ulcer, hepatitis, pancreatitis, allergic reactions, cholecystitis, prescription of hormones, antimicrobials and NSAIDs);
- Correction of microflora before and after surgical interventions on the intestine, pancreas, liver;
- Acute intestinal infections such as rotavirus infection, salmonellosis, shigellosis;
- Food toxicoinfection, chronic constipation or diarrhea on the background of long-term antibiotics, malabsorption syndrome;
For intravaginal, local and rectal use, Bifidumbacterin is prescribed for:
- Bacterial vaginosis;
- Dysbacteriosis of the urogenital tract, acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the urogenital tract, including sexually transmitted infections, such as genital herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea;
- Nonspecific colpitis, including hormone-dependent;
- Preparation for planned gynecological operations to prevent postoperative infectious complications;
- Chronic colitis of various origins, intestinal upset after acute intestinal infection;
- Prenatal preparation of pregnant women to prevent vaginal dysbiosis;
Bifidumbacterin lyophilisate is also used to prevent mastitis in nursing mothers.
According to the instructions, Bifidumbacterin is contraindicated:
- When hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- At children's age till three years (for candles).
In applying Bifidumbakterin caution should be exercised with children with lactase deficiency.
Dosing and Administration
Bifidumbacterin for oral administration is prescribed half an hour before or during meals. Infants can be given the drug immediately before feeding.
Patients with surgical pathologies are prescribed Bifidumbacterin for 3-5 days before the intervention and for 10-15 days after it, 15-30 doses per day.
In chronic gastrointestinal diseases, 25-50 doses of Bifidumbacterin are prescribed up to three times a day for 2 weeks.
Bifidumbacterin suppositories are intended for rectal or intravaginal use of 1-2 pieces three times a day in combination with oral forms of the drug. The duration of treatment of acute intestinal infections and gynecological diseases is 1-1.5 weeks, with chronic and prolonged forms - up to 1 month.
In pregnant women with a violation of vaginal secretions, 1 candle of Bifidumbacterin is administered intravaginally twice a day for 5-10 days or more until the disappearance of clinical symptoms.
To prevent purulent-septic complications during planned gynecological operations, 1 candle of Bifidumbacterin is prescribed per day 5-10 days before the intervention.
After taking antibiotics Bifidumbacterin in candles is shown on 1 piece twice a day for 10 days. If necessary, repeated course is allowed in 3-4 months.
Lyophilisate for the preparation of the solution is intended for local and internal use in the form of irrigation, applications, lotions.
For urogenital dysbacteriosis, Bifidumbacterin is used as an intravaginal lyophilisate in the form of a tampon injected for 2-3 hours, abundantly moistened in solution (5-10 doses of the drug are dissolved in 15-20 ml of water at room temperature). The duration of therapy is 1-1.5 weeks.
The use of Bifidumbacterin is predominantly well tolerated by patients and does not cause side effects.
Allergic reactions due to hypersensitivity to the drug components are rarely possible.
Oral forms of Bifidumbacterin are not recommended to be used simultaneously with antibiotics. Do not dissolve the powder in hot water (above 40 ° C), and also store the drug in dissolved form.
The use of Bifidumbacterin in the form of suppositories can be combined with antibacterial, immunostimulating, antiviral drugs.
Candles that smell of rancid oil or with compromised package integrity are not suitable for use.
Drugs that have a similar pharmacological effect with Bifidumbacterin are:
- Hilak Forte;
- Laktovit Forte;
- Bifilact Extra;
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Bifidumbakterin stored in a cool (no more than 10 ° C), dry place. At room temperature, Bifidumbacterin can be stored for no more than 10 days. The shelf life of all dosage forms is 1 year.