Betiol is a combination drug that has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effects.
Release form and composition
Make Betiol suppositories rectal.
1 suppository contains the following active ingredients:
- 200 mg of ichthamol;
- 15 ml of dry belladonna extract.
Auxiliary component of the drug is solid fat.
In blisters of 5 candles.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Betiol suppositories are indicated for the treatment of patients suffering from hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
According to the instructions, Betiol is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active components of the drug;
- Prostate hypertrophy, accompanying violation of urine outflow;
- Closed angle glaucoma.
The use of Betiola during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not recommended, with the exception of strict indications.
Betiol should be used with caution in elderly patients and with:
- Cerebral palsy;
- Down's disease;
- Impaired liver or kidney function;
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, including Crohn's disease, megacolone, ulcerative colitis;
- Hernia of the esophageal opening of the diaphragm, combined with reflux esophagitis;
- Reflux esophagitis;
- Autonomic neuropathy;
- Chronic pulmonary pathologies without reversible obstruction, accompanied by poor sputum discharge;
- Brain damage.
Dosing and Administration
Betiol suppositories are used rectally. The standard dosage is 1 candle three times a day. If necessary, more frequent use of Betiol is allowed, but not more than 10 suppositories per day.
The duration of treatment is determined individually, taking into account the nature of the disease and the severity of the symptoms.
The use of Betiol is predominantly well tolerated by patients and rarely causes side effects. However, patients should be aware that Betiol suppositories can cause the following side effects:
- Allergic reactions in the form of lesions on the skin, urticaria, exfoliative dermatitis, hyperemia (all these effects are due to hypersensitivity to the active components of the drug);
- Dry mouth, thirst, dysphagia, impaired taste, decreased intestinal motility, decreased gallbladder and biliary tract, impaired stool, urinary retention and difficulty urinating;
- Accommodation paralysis, pupil dilation, increased intraocular pressure, photophobia;
- Myocardial ischemia, arrhythmia, heart palpitations;
- Vascular disorders in the form of facial flushing, tides;
- Reduced sweating, dry skin;
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Reducing the tone and secretory activity of the bronchi, leading to the formation of viscous and difficult to dissolve sputum.
If all of the above symptoms occur, the use of Betiola should be discontinued and consult your doctor for alternative therapy.
When using Betiola in excessively high doses, it is possible to increase its side effects, as well as the appearance of such symptoms: nausea and vomiting, tachycardia, tremor, agitation, insomnia, drowsiness, hallucinations, pupillary dilation, hyperthermia, hypotension, thirst, dry mouth, seizures , inhibition of the activity of the respiratory and vasomotor centers.
In case of drug poisoning, psychomotor agitation and stupefaction develop, requiring specialized treatment.
In case of Betiol overdose, it is recommended for the patient to do a gastric lavage and inject cholinomimetics and anticholinesterase drugs by parenteral route, and to carry out symptomatic treatment.
The belladonna extract contains atropine alkaloid, which can lead to changes in the adsorption of other drugs.
With the simultaneous use of the drug with drugs with antimuscarinic action, anti-Parkinsonian drugs, M-anticholinergics, antispasmodics, its effect is enhanced.
When combining Betiola with:
- Nitrates, corticosteroids for systemic use, haloperidol - there is a likelihood of increased intracranial pressure;
- Monoamoxidase inhibitors - increases the risk of arrhythmias;
- Sertralin - increases the depressive effect of both drugs;
- Sulfonamides - increases the likelihood of kidney damage;
- Novocainamide or quinidine - there is an increase in anticholinergic action;
- Drugs containing potassium - increases the risk of bleeding and stomach ulcers.
Analogs of Betiol containing the same structural components or having a similar pharmacological effect are:
- Belladonna extract;
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Betiol should be stored in a dry, dark place inaccessible to children, at a temperature of 8-15 degrees. The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of issue.