Bellatamininal - antispasmodic and sedative drug.
Release form and composition
Bellataminal is produced in the form of coated tablets, the main active ingredients of which are ergotamine tartrate, phenobarbital, the amount of belladonna alkaloids (belladonna).
Potato starch, polyvinylpyrrolidone, refined sugar, calcium stearate are used as excipients in the Bellataminal.
The shell includes: titanium dioxide, refined sugar, beeswax, gelatin, tropeolin O, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium hydroxycarbonate.
The drug is available in blister packs of 30 and 50 pieces per pack.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Bellatamininal applies:
- For insomnia;
- With increased irritability;
- To reduce itching with neurodermite;
- With neurogenic disorders of the menstrual cycle;
- As part of combination therapy for vegetative-vascular syndrome.
According to the instructions, Bellatamininal does not apply when:
- High sensitivity of the patient to the components of the drug;
- Peripheral arterial spasm;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Angina and other manifestations of atherosclerosis;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
as well as under the age of 18 years and during childbirth.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets Bellatamininal intended for oral administration. They are taken after meals 2-3 times a day, one tablet.
The duration of use of Bellatamininal is 14-28 days. On the recommendation of the attending physician may re-course treatment with the drug.
When taking Bellatamininal, certain side effects may occur in the form of dry mouth, allergic reactions, accommodation paresis, drowsiness.
When applying Bellataminal should be borne in mind that:
- In case of an overdose of the drug, drowsiness, dizziness, drowsiness, dilated pupils, tachycardia, difficulty urinating, accommodation disturbance, convulsions, atony of the intestine, in severe cases - stupor and coma may occur. In such situations, the patient needs to have a gastric lavage followed by taking activated charcoal and, if necessary, using measures of symptomatic therapy;
- Nicotine, α- and β-adrenomimetics enhance the effect of the drug;
- The drug reduces the speed of psychomotor reactions and the level of concentration. Therefore, care should be taken when driving motor vehicles and other mechanisms, as well as when performing potentially hazardous activities.
There are no structural analogues of Bellataminal. Such drugs as Notta, Novo-Passit, Dormiplant, Menovalent, Sibazon, Relaxil, Tenoten, Barboval, Persen and others have similar pharmacological effects.
Terms and conditions of storage
Bellataminal is stored at a temperature of not more than 25º in places not accessible to children, not more than five years.