Azitrox is an antibacterial drug that belongs to the macrolide group.
Release form and composition
The medicine is produced in the form of capsules and powder, from which the suspension is prepared, for oral administration.
Each Azitrox capsule contains:
- 250 or 500 mg azithromycin;
- Such excipients as: corn starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, mannitol, magnesium stearate.
Azitroks 250 is implemented in 6 capsules placed in a cell contour packaging, Azitroks 500 in 3 capsules.
In one vial of powder contains 800 mg of azithromycin and auxiliary ingredients, sodium carbonate, sucrose, hyprolosis, xanthan gum, vanilla, cherry and banana flavors.
Indications for use
The official Azitrox instructions indicate that this antibiotic is intended for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases, the causative agent of which are microorganisms sensitive to azithromycin. In particular, it is prescribed for therapy:
- Infections of the upper respiratory tract, ear, throat and nose, including otitis media, tonsillitis, tonsillitis and sinusitis;
- Scarlet fever;
- Infectious diseases of the lower respiratory tract, including bronchitis, atypical and bacterial pneumonia;
- Infections of the urogenital tract, including urethritis and cervicitis;
- Lyme disease (at the initial stage);
- Diseases of the stomach and duodenum 12, if they are associated with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (as one of the drugs for complex treatment).
As stated in the instructions to Azitroks, this medication should not be taken:
- In the presence of hypersensitivity to azithromycin or any of the additional components that are also included in the preparation;
- Patients with hepatic / renal insufficiency.
It is possible to use Azitrox, but with great care and under constant medical supervision:
- Pregnant women (only if the intended benefits for the expectant mother outweigh the potential risks to the fetus);
- Children up to 16 years in the form of tablets;
- Newborns and children diagnosed with pronounced disorders of the kidneys or liver, in the form of a suspension;
- During lactation.
Dosing and Administration
A suspension prepared from powder and Azitrox capsules are ingested one hour before meals or two hours after meals:
- For infections of the respiratory tract adults appoint a daily dose of 500 mg. The duration of treatment is 3 days;
- In infectious diseases of the skin and soft tissues, the dose of the drug is 1 gram once on the first day of treatment, from the 2nd to the 5th day - 500 mg each;
- With uncomplicated cervicitis and urethritis - once 1 gram;
- With a complicated and / or long-lasting urethritis or cervicitis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, the recommended dosage is 1 g. In total, the drug is taken three times with an interval of seven days, i.e. capsules / suspension drink on the first day, then - the 7th and then as much on the 14th;
- In the first stage of Lyme disease (creeping erythema) - 1 g on the first day, from the second to the fifth day - 500 mg each;
- In case of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, Azitrox is taken in a dose of 1 g once a day for three days. Therapy is supplemented with anti-helicobacter drugs.
For scarlet fever, infections of soft tissues, skin and respiratory tract in children with a body weight of more than 45 kg, Azitrox is prescribed at a dosage of 500 mg once a day for three days.
For children older than 12 days, the dose of Azitrox is calculated taking into account the weight of the child - at the rate of 10 mg per kilogram of body weight once a day for 3 days, or according to the following scheme: 10 mg / kg on the first day, why 3-4 days in a row - 5-10 mg / kg per day. The total course dose is usually 30 mg / kg.
When treating an initial stage of Lyme disease on the first day, children are given 2 capsules of 500 mg, from the second to the fifth day, one capsule of 500 mg daily. Azitroks 250 is prescribed at the rate of 20 mg per each kilogram of patient's weight on the first day, from the second to the fifth - 10 mg / kg.
To prepare Azitrox suspension, it is necessary to add 9.5 ml of boiled and pre-cooled water. Measure water with a special pipette (it is also included). Shake the bottle well until a homogeneous suspension is obtained, the actual volume of which will be 20 ml.
Reviews of patients undergoing treatment with Azitrox indicate that this drug may have side effects. Usually they are expressed in the form:
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, flatulence, melena, vomiting, cholestatic jaundice;
- Heart palpitations, chest pain;
- Dizziness, vertigo, drowsiness, headache;
- Vaginal candidiasis, extremely rare - nephritis;
- Photosensitization, asthenia.
In children, side effects of Azitrox are most often manifested by constipation, gastritis, loss of appetite, oral mucous candidiasis, anxiety, sleep disturbances, hyperkinesia, neurosis, changes in taste, conjunctivitis.
Also, the use of Azitrox, according to reviews, can cause allergic reactions due to hypersensitivity or intolerance to one or another component of the drug.
The active substance analogues of Azitrox are the following drugs:
- Capsules / tablets: Azivok, Azimitsin, Azitral, Azithromycin, Azitrotsin, AzitRus, Azitsid, Zi-factor, Zitrolid, Zitnob, Sumaklid, Sumamed, Sumamoks, Sumatrolid, Tremak-Sanovel, Hemomitsin, Ecomed;
- Powder for the preparation of suspensions: Zetamaks, Sumamed, Tremak-sanovel, Hemomitsin.
Also produce a lot of drugs that have different composition, but they belong to the same pharmacological group as Azitroks, and have a similar effect on the human body.
Terms and conditions of storage
Azitrox is a B. drug list. Subject to the rules of storage - a dry and cool place - the shelf life of the drug is 2 years. The prepared suspension can be stored for a maximum of 5 days.