Atoris is a lipid-lowering drug.
Release form and composition
Atoris is produced in the form of film-coated tablets, which contain:
- Atorvastatin 10, 20, 30, or 40 mg (in the form of atorvastatin calcium);
- Auxiliary components: croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, calcium carbonate, povidone.
Implemented tablets of 10 pcs. in blister packs packed in cartons.
Indications for use
As indicated in the instructions for Atoris, this drug is intended for the treatment of hyperlipidemia - diseases and conditions characterized by an increased level of lipids in the blood, namely:
- Primary hypercholesterolemia;
- Dysbetalipoproteinemia (in addition to the diet);
- Combined hyperlipidemia (types IIa and IIb according to Fredrickson);
- Familial endogenous hypertriglyceridemia (type IV according to Fredrickson), resistant to diet;
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, if diet therapy and other non-pharmacological methods are ineffective.
Also Atoris, according to the instructions prescribed for cardiovascular diseases:
- For the primary prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients without signs of coronary heart disease, but with two or more risk factors for its development, such as genetic predisposition, diabetes, over 55 years of age, hypertension, nicotine dependence, low lipoprotein cholesterol high density;
- For the secondary prevention of cardiovascular complications in patients with coronary heart disease in order to reduce the risk of stroke and myocardial infarction, the total mortality rate, the need for revascularization and re-hospitalization due to angina pectoris.
The use of Atoris, according to the instructions, is contraindicated in:
- Hepatic failure;
- Lactose intolerance;
- Liver diseases in the active stage (including chronic alcoholic and active chronic hepatitis);
- Glucose / Galactose Malabsorption Syndrome;
- Cirrhosis of the liver;
- Increased activity of hepatic transaminases of unknown genesis;
- Skeletal muscle diseases;
- Lactase deficiency;
- The presence of hypersensitivity to atorvastatin or any auxiliary component.
Do not prescribe the drug as well:
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- Children and adolescents under 18 years old (due to the lack of data on the safety of use).
Atoris is prescribed, but with extreme caution and under the supervision of a physician to persons suffering from alcoholism, and people with a history of liver disease.
Dosing and Administration
Before starting treatment, the patient must be transferred to a special diet that helps reduce the concentration of lipids in the blood. Follow the diet recommended by your doctor and the entire period of use Atoris. With the therapy of the underlying disease, exercise and weight loss in obese patients, you should try to control hypercholesterolemia.
Atoris tablets are taken orally, regardless of the meal. The initial recommended dosage is 10 mg. The daily dose of Atoris can be taken at one time, but at the same time every day. According to reviews, the therapeutic effect is observed already after 2 weeks from the start of treatment, but the maximum - after 4 weeks. That is why with increasing doses should observe 4-week intervals. The maximum allowable daily dosage is 80 mg. Increasing it, taking into account the initial concentration of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, tolerability of the drug and the severity of its therapeutic effect.
At the beginning of Atoris use and with increasing dosage every 2-4 weeks it is necessary to control the concentration of lipids in the blood and, if necessary, adjust the dose of the drug.
According to patient reviews, Atoris may have side effects, such as:
- Often (from> 1/100 to <1/10): headache, paresthesia, insomnia, asthenic syndrome, dizziness, migraine, arrhythmia, phlebitis, postural hypotension, vasodilation, increased blood pressure, palpitations, pain in the chest, abdomen and back, constipation, flatulence, nausea, dyspepsia, arthralgia, myalgia, joint swelling, itching, skin rash, allergic reactions, peripheral edema;
- Infrequently (from> 1/1000 to <1/100): amnesia, nightmares, peripheral neuropathy, hypesthesia, tinnitus, thrombocytopenia, anorexia, pancreatitis, vomiting, taste disturbances, muscle cramps, myopathy, secondary renal failure, impotence , urticaria, fatigue, malaise, fever, weight gain, increased activity of serum CPK and serum activity of aminotransferases;
- Rarely (from> 1 / 10,000 to <1/1000): nasopharyngitis, epistaxis, hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice, tendinopathy, rhabdomyolysis, myositis;
- Very rarely (from <1/10 000, including single complaints): alopecia, toxic epidermal necrosis, erythema multiforme, bullous rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, angioedema, anaphylaxis, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia.
It should be noted that the causal relationship of individual adverse effects, regarded as "very rare", with the use of Atoris has not been established.
Analogues of Atoris are the following drugs:
- According to the active substance: Anvistat, Atokord, Atomax, Ator, Atorvastatin, Atorvoks, Lipona, Lipoford, Liprimar, Lipronorm, Torvazin, Torvakard, Tulip;
- According to the mechanism of action: Avestatin, Atherostat, Vasilip, Zokor, Cardiostatin, Lescol, Medostatin, Ovenkor, Rosukard, Simvakard, Simvor, Tevastor, Kholetar and many others.
Terms and conditions of storage
From pharmacies Atoris is available on prescription. Its shelf life is 2 years if it is stored in a dark place at temperatures up to 25 ºС.