Aspirin Upsa belongs to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Release form and composition
Effervescent tablets are made Aspirin Oops, the main active ingredient of which is acetylsalicylic acid. 1 tablet contains 500 mg of the active ingredient.
Auxiliary substances medications are: anhydrous sodium carbonate, anhydrous citric acid, sodium bicarbonate, aspartame, crospovidone, povidone, anhydrous sodium citrate, natural orange flavoring.
In strips of 4 tablets, in a package of 4 strips.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Aspirin Ups is indicated for:
- Colds, infectious and inflammatory diseases in children older than 15 years and adults, accompanied by fever;
- Mild or moderate pain syndrome in adult patients of various origins: headache, including alcohol intoxication, migraine, toothache, chest radicular syndrome, neuralgia, algomenorrhea, joint and muscle pain.
According to the instructions, Aspirin Upsa is contraindicated in:
- Pronounced disorders of the kidneys and liver;
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis (telangiectasia, von Willebrand disease, hemophilia, thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombocytopenia, hypoprothrombinemia);
- "Aspirinovoy" asthma;
- Lack of vitamin K;
- Portal hypertension;
- Dissecting aortic aneurysm;
- The first and third trimester of pregnancy;
- Lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Breastfeeding period;
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Hypersensitivity to other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Do not prescribe Aspirin Ups to children under the age of 15 years with respiratory diseases and viral infections due to the likelihood of Reye’s syndrome (encephalopathy and acute fatty liver with the development of liver failure).
In the application of Aspirin Ups care should be taken when:
- Urate nephrolithiasis;
- Second trimester of pregnancy;
- Gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- Decompensated heart failure.
Dosing and Administration
Tablets Aspirin Oops before use should be dissolved in half a glass of juice or water.
Children over 15 years old and adult patients are prescribed 1 tablet up to 6 times per day. In case of severe pain syndrome, high temperature, a single dose of Aspirin Oops is allowed in a dose of 2 tablets. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 6 tablets (3 g).
Elderly patients Aspirin Oops prescribed 1 tablet up to 4 times per day. Regular adherence to the use of Aspirin Ups allows to reduce the intensity of pain and to avoid further increase in body temperature.
The duration of drug therapy should not exceed 5 days when prescribed as an anesthetic and 3 days as an antipyretic.
The use of drugs in high doses over a long period can cause the following symptoms of overdose:
- Strong headache;
- Decreased hearing acuity;
- Increased breathing;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Blurred vision;
- Depression of consciousness;
- Violation of water and electrolyte metabolism;
- Respiratory failure.
In the event of an overdose, the patient should induce vomiting or flush the stomach, receive adsorbents and laxatives. It is recommended to go to the hospital.
The use of Aspirin Upsa can cause the following side effects:
- Allergies: skin rash, bronchospasm, angioedema, aspirin triad (bronchial asthma, nasal polyposis and paranasal sinuses, acetylsalicylic acid intolerance);
- Urinary system: renal dysfunction;
- The digestive system: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, epigastric pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, increased liver enzyme activity, decreased appetite;
- Blood system: anemia, thrombocytopenia, hyperbilirubinemia, leukopenia;
- Blood coagulation system: hemorrhagic syndrome (bleeding gums, nosebleeds), increased clotting time.
If side effects develop, the patient should stop taking Aspirin Ups.
Patients suffering from gout should use Aspirin Upsa with caution, as the drug reduces the excretion of uric acid.
With long-term medication, patients are advised to monitor the functional state of the liver and periodically carry out a complete blood count and fecal occult blood test.
Acceptance of Aspirin Ups should be discontinued 5-7 days prior to surgery to reduce bleeding during surgery and in the postoperative period.
One tablet of Aspirin Uspa contains 388.5 mg of sodium, which should be considered for patients on a low-salt diet.
The drug enhances the toxicity of methotrexate, the effects of oral hypoglycemic drugs, sulfonamides, thrombolytics, triiodidtironin, heparin, indirect anticoagulants, opioid analgesics.
The following drugs are analogues of Aspirin Upsa:
- Thromboth ACC;
- Aspirin 1000;
- Aspirin Cardio;
- Nekstream Fast;
- Zorex Morning;
- Acetylsalicylic acid;
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Aspirin Ups should be stored in a dry place inaccessible to children, not longer than 3 years from the date of release.