Askofen-P is a combined analgesic-antipyretic.
Release form and composition
The drug is produced in the form of tablets, each of which contains:
- 200 mg paracetamol;
- 200 mg of acetylsalicylic acid;
- 40 mg caffeine;
- Such auxiliary components as liquid paraffin, calcium stearate monohydrate, low molecular weight polyvinylpyrrolidone, potato starch, stearic acid, CE-10-12 silicone emulsion, talc.
Implemented tablets of 10 pcs. packaged.
Indications for use
As indicated in the instructions to Askofen-P, this analgesic drug is prescribed to eliminate dental and headache, migraine, as well as pain syndrome of weak and moderate severity, caused by:
Also Askofen-P, according to the instructions, is designed to eliminate febrile syndrome with acute respiratory infections and influenza.
According to the annotations to the drug, the use of Askofen-P is contraindicated in:
- Exacerbation of erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Aspirin Asthma;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Avitaminosis K;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Portal hypertension;
- Renal failure;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Increased excitability;
- Severe arterial hypertension;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Severe ischemic heart disease;
- The presence of hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Also Askofen-P, according to the instructions, should not be used:
- Pregnant women, especially in the first and third trimesters;
- During lactation;
- Patients who have undergone surgery, accompanied by bleeding;
- Children up to 15 years.
You can use the drug, but with caution in people with any liver disease.
Patients with asthma-like reactions to salicylates or their derivatives Askofen (due to acetylsalicylic acid in its composition) can only be used in emergency service conditions with the observance of special precautions.
Dosing and Administration
Askofen-P tablets should be taken with meals or after meals, 1 pc. every 4 hours with febrile syndrome, 1-2 tablets. - with pain syndrome, but not more than 8 tablets per day.
As an anesthetic drug Askofen-P can be taken on its own within 5 days, as an antipyretic - for 3 days. Any other regimen and / or dosage can be prescribed only by a doctor.
According to reviews of patients, this medication sometimes has side effects that are expressed by: gastralgia, nausea, high blood pressure, tachycardia, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, nephrotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, allergic reactions (including Lyell's syndrome and Steven-Johnson syndrome).
With prolonged use of Askofen-P possible: headache, tinnitus, deafness, dizziness, visual impairment, hemorrhagic syndrome (gingival bleeding, nasal bleeding, purpura, etc.), hypocoagulation, reduction of platelet aggregation, kidney damage with papillary necrosis .
When taken in low doses, acetylsalicylic acid reduces the excretion of uric acid, and therefore in patients with a predisposition it can trigger a gout attack.
Aspirin has a teratogenic effect, when applied in the first trimester, it leads to splitting of the upper palate, in the third - to the closure of the arterial duct in the fetus and inhibition of labor activity. Acetylsalicylic acid is excreted in breast milk and impairs the function of platelets, resulting in increased risk of bleeding in a child, and therefore Askofen-P is forbidden to take during breastfeeding.
All drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid are contraindicated in children up to 15 years of age because, in the case of a viral infection, it can cause Reye's syndrome, a dangerous condition accompanied by prolonged vomiting, metabolic acidosis, hyperpyrexia, acute encephalopathy, enlarged liver, and impaired function.
With prolonged use of Askofen-P, it is necessary to monitor the peripheral blood picture and the functional state of the liver.
If a patient who is taking Askofen-P is to undergo a surgical operation, he should notify the doctor about it, because acetylsalicylic acid slows down the blood clotting process.
The drug enhances the action of steroid hormones, indirect anticoagulants, heparin, reserpine, hypoglycemic drugs, reduces the effectiveness of antihypertensive drugs, furosemide, spironolactone and anti-arthritic drugs that promote the excretion of uric acid.
With the simultaneous use of Askofen-P with ethanol increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and hepatotoxic effects, so during the period of treatment should refrain from the use of alcohol-containing beverages.
The risk of side effects of Askofen-P increases with simultaneous use with other anti-inflammatory drugs and methotrexate.
Analogues of Askofen-P are the following drugs:
- According to the active substance: Aquacitramon, Acepar, Kofitsil-Plus, Citramon II, Citramon-Acre, Citramon-Ultra, Citrappar, Citramon-Borimed, Excedrin, Migrenol Extra, citramon-MFF;
- Similarity mechanism of action: An-Grikaps, Aspagel, Alka-Prim, Aspivatrin, Aspivit, aspinate, Aspirin, aspitrin, Asprovit, Atselizin, Acetylsalicylic acid, Atssbirin, Sodium Salicylate, Nekstrim, Parkotset, salicylamide, Taspir, Upsarin Uppsala, Fluspirin, Tsefekon N, Tsitrapak.
Terms and conditions of storage
Buy Askofen-P can be in pharmacies without a prescription. Store the drug should be in a dry, cool (at room temperature), protected from sunlight. If these conditions are met, its shelf life is 2 years.