Artrozan is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent.
Release form and composition
Available drug in the form of tablets and solution for intramuscular injection.
Each Artrozan tablet contains:
- 7.5 or 15 mg meloxicam;
- Such excipients: sodium citrate, lactose monohydrate, potato starch, povidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Tablets of 10, 15 and 20 are sold. in blisters, of which 1, 2, 3 or 5 pieces can be in a carton box.
In 1 ml of Artrozan solution contains:
- 6 mg meloxicam;
- The following additional components: glycine, sodium chloride, poloxamer 188, glycofurol, sodium hydroxide solution 1M, injectable water.
Implemented a solution of 2.5 ml in ampoules, 3 and 5 pcs. in blister strip packaging.
Indications for use
As indicated in the instructions for Artrozan, this anti-inflammatory drug is intended for the symptomatic treatment of degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculo-articular system accompanied by pain. In particular, it is prescribed for:
- Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis);
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
According to the annotation to the drug, the use of Artrozan is contraindicated in:
- The presence of hypersensitivity to meloxicam or any auxiliary component;
- The combination (even incomplete) of asthma, recurrent polyposis of the paranasal sinuses and nose with intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis in the acute stage;
- Active gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Blood clotting disorders, including hemophilia;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Progressive kidney diseases, including those with confirmed hyperkalemia.
Also contraindications to the use of Artrozan are:
- Children's age (up to the 18th anniversary);
- Early postoperative period after coronary artery bypass surgery.
Artrozan is prescribed, but with great care and under the constant supervision of a physician, in patients with advanced history, including:
- Coronary heart disease;
- Peripheral arterial disease;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Dyslipidemia or hyperlipidemia;
- Cerebrovascular pathologies;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Diabetes mellitus.
Also, caution is required when applying Artrozan:
- In patients with ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- In diseases caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori;
- In smokers;
- In people who abuse alcohol;
- With severe somatic diseases.
Caution requires prolonged use of NSAIDs with concomitant therapy:
- Antiplatelet agents (in particular, clopidogray and acetylsalicylic acid);
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin);
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (including sertraline, citalopram, paroxetine, fluoxetine);
- Oral glucocorticosteroids (including prednisone).
Dosing and Administration
The Artrozan solution, according to the instructions, is recommended to be used in the first 2-3 days of therapy with the subsequent transfer of the patient to the oral form of the drug. It is administered once a day at 7.5 mg or 15 mg (depending on the severity of the inflammatory process and the intensity of pain) deeply intramuscularly. Intravenous administration of this drug is prohibited!
Artrozan tablets should be taken during a meal:
- In rheumatoid arthritis - at a dose of 7.5-15 mg / day;
- In osteoarthritis, osteochondrosis and other degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculo-articular system - in a daily dose of 7.5 mg, with the ineffectiveness of such therapy - 15 mg;
- In rheumatoid arthritis - 15 mg per day.
The maximum allowable dose for patients on hemodialysis, as well as for people with severe renal insufficiency is 7.5 mg.
Patient testimonials testify that Artrozan is well tolerated in most cases, but sometimes it has side effects, such as:
- In more than 1% of cases: nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, anemia, skin rash, itching, dizziness, headache, peripheral edema;
- Within 0.1-1%: belching, temporary increase in liver transaminases, esophagitis, hyperbilirubinemia, gastrointestinal bleeding, gastric or duodenal ulcer, increased serum urea concentration, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, urticaria, drowsiness, murmur in ears, facial flushing, palpitations, increased blood pressure, hypercreatininemia, blurred vision, conjunctivitis;
- Less than 0.1%: colitis, gastritis, perforation of the gastrointestinal tract, hepatitis, photosensitization, erythema multiforme, bullous eruptions, bronchospasm, disorientation, confusion, angioedema, emotional lability, acute renal failure, anaphylactoid and anaphylactic reactions.
Like all nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Artrozan can mask the clinical symptoms of infectious diseases.
According to the active substance, Artrozan's analogues are: Amelotex, Movix, M-Kam, Bi-Xikam, Liberium, Mataren, Medsikam, Melbek, Melox, Meloxicam, Meloflam, Meloflex, Mesipol, Movalis, Mixol-Od, Lem, Mirloks, Movasin, Exhen -Sanovel.
Terms and conditions of storage
If the storage conditions recommended by the manufacturer are observed - protected from sunlight, dry and cool (at a temperature of up to 25 ºС) the place - Artrozan's shelf life is: 3 years in the form of tablets, 5 years in the form of a solution.