Antiflu is a drug intended for the symptomatic treatment of acute respiratory diseases.
Release form and composition
For adults, the drug is available in two dosage forms: in the form of coated tablets and powder with the smell of lemon, from which a solution is prepared for oral administration.
The composition of the tablets Antiflu includes:
- 325 mg paracetamol;
- 5 mg phenylephrine hydrochloride;
- 2 mg of chlorphenamine maleate;
- Such excipients as stearic acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium and magnesium silicate.
12 tablets are sold. in blister packs packed in cartons.
The powder contains Antiflu:
- 650 mg paracetamol;
- 10 mg phenylephrine hydrochloride;
- 4 mg of chlorphenamine maleate;
- Such excipients as ascorbic acid, sodium citrate tribasic, calcium phosphate trisubstituted, silicon dioxide, starch, titanium dioxide, citric acid, sucrose, natural lemon flavor, dyes FD & C yellow 6 and yellow 10.
17 g powder is sold in bags of laminated foil, packed in 5 pcs. in cardboard packs.
Also, the drug is produced in the form of a powder, from which a solution is prepared for ingestion with the smell of raspberry, especially for children from 2 years old - Antiflu Kids. It includes:
- 160 mg paracetamol;
- 50 mg of ascorbic acid;
- 1 mg of chlorphenamine maleate;
- Such excipients as silicon dioxide, sodium citrate tribasic, powdered sugar, titanium dioxide, corn starch, citric acid, sucrose, calcium phosphate tribasic, raspberry flavoring and dye red charming.
Powder of 12 g in bags of laminated foil, packed in 5 and 8 pcs. in cardboard packs.
Indications for use
As indicated in the instructions to Antiflu, this analgesic antipyretic is intended for the symptomatic treatment of influenza, colds and ARVI, namely to eliminate febrile and pain syndromes and rhinorrhea (persistent discharge of watery mucus from the nose).
According to the annotation to the drug, the use of Antiflu is contraindicated
- In the presence of hypersensitivity to any component in its composition;
- Pregnant women;
- Patients with portal hypertension;
- People who abuse alcohol;
- In renal failure;
- During lactation;
- If there is a deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Children up to 6 years old - Antiflu, up to 2 years - Antiflu Kids.
Antiflu may be used, but with great care and under the constant supervision of a doctor, patients with:
- Bronchial asthma;
- Severe cardiovascular disease;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Severe kidney / liver disease;
- Congenital hyperbilirubinemia;
- Prostate adenoma if it is accompanied by difficulty urinating;
- Blood disorders.
Dosing and Administration
Antiflu tablets, according to the instructions, adults and children over 12 years old should take 1 pc. every 4 hours, but not more than 8 tablets during the day.
For children 6-12 years old, the dose of tablets is calculated based on their weight - at the rate of 10-15 mg paracetamol per kilogram of body weight. Approximately daily dosage is 1 tablet twice a day with a minimum interval of 6 hours.
Antiflu in the form of powder is taken by adults and children from 12 years on 1 packet (having dissolved its contents in a glass with hot water) with an interval of 4 hours, but no more than 4 bags a day.
Antiflu Kids is prescribed 1 package for babies from 2 to 5 years old, for children 6-12 years old - 2 packages every 4-6 hours, but not more than three times a day.
The duration of use of Antiflou is 3 days. If during this time there is no improvement in the condition, high fever continues or new symptoms appear, you should immediately consult a doctor, because it is likely that the patient has a more serious illness.
According to numerous reviews, in most cases Antiflu is well tolerated by adults and children. However, it is worth noting that in extremely rare cases against the background of the use of the drug, such undesirable reactions on the part of the body are possible, such as:
- Increased irritability (more often in children);
- Decrease in the rate of psychomotor reactions;
- Sleep disturbance;
- Feeling tired;
- Dry mouth;
- High blood pressure;
- Accommodation paresis;
- Urinary retention;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Allergic reactions, manifested by rash, pruritus, urticaria, angioedema.
Considering the fact that paracetamol is part of Antiflu, theoretically possible violations of the hematopoietic system: agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, anemia or leukopenia. With prolonged use of the drug in high doses (higher than those recommended by the instructions), hemolytic anemia, pancytopenia, nephrotoxic and hepatotoxic effects are possible.
Analogs of Antiflu are the following drugs:
- For active substances: Coldact Plus Plus, TeraFlu Extratab;
- Mechanism of action: Ajikold Hotmix Flukoldin, FluZiOZ, Flukoldeks, Flystop, Flutabs, Efferalgan.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life Antiflula of all forms of release is 3 years, it is enough to follow the standard rules for storing drugs - dry, protected from sunlight, cool (at a temperature of 15-30 ° C) and inaccessible to children.