Ampioks - combined antimicrobial drug.
Release form and composition
Ampioks are produced in the form of capsules for oral administration, each of which contains:
- 125 mg oxacillin (in the form of sodium salt);
- 125 mg ampicillin (in the form of trihydrate);
- Calcium stearate and potato starch as auxiliary components.
Ampiox-Sodium is released as a powder for preparing a solution for injection, in one bottle of which contains 66.6 mg of oxacillin sodium and 133.4 mg of ampicillin sodium or 166.5 mg and 333.5 mg, respectively.
Indications for use
The instructions for Ampioks indicated that this antibiotic is intended for:
- Treatment of bacterial infections caused by pathogens sensitive to its composition: bronchitis and pneumonia, otitis media, sinusitis and tonsillitis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, pyelitis, cervicitis and gonorrhea, impetigo, erysipelas, secondarily infected dermatoses and other skin and soft tissue infections;
- Prevention of complications during surgical interventions, including in patients with immunodeficiency;
- Prevention of infections in the newborn (with infection of amniotic fluid, the risk of developing aspiration pneumonia, respiratory failure of the infant, requiring the use of resuscitation measures);
- Treatments for severe infectious diseases such as meningitis, endocarditis, sepsis, and postpartum infections.
According to the annotation to the drug, the use of Ampioks is contraindicated in:
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- The presence of hypersensitivity to any active or auxiliary component of the drug;
- Lymphocytic leukemia.
Strictly according to the testimony Ampioks prescribed, but with great caution and under constant medical supervision:
- People with chronic renal failure;
- Babies born to mothers who are hypersensitive to penicillins.
Pregnant women are prescribed Ampioks only if they have “vital” indications. If necessary, the use of the drug during lactation breastfeeding is recommended to stop.
Dosing and Administration
Ampioks capsules are ingested 4-6 times a day in the following dosage:
- Adults and adolescents over 14 years old - at 0.5-1 g;
- Children 7-14 years old - at the rate of 50 mg per kilogram of body weight per day;
- Children 3-7 years old - at the rate of 100 mg / kg per day.
Duration of therapy is 5-14 days.
The solution prepared from powder is used intramuscularly or intravenously (drip, jet) in such daily doses:
- Adults and teenagers over 14 years old - 3-6 g;
- Children 1-14 years old - at the rate of 100 mg per kilogram of weight;
- To babies up to one year, including premature - at the rate of 100-200 mg / kg.
If necessary, these doses increase 1.5-2 times. The total daily dose is divided into 3-4 injections with an interval of 6-8 hours.
For intramuscular administration, the contents of the vial (it can be 0.2 and 0.5 g) are diluted in 2 and 5 ml of injection water, respectively.
For an intravenous jet (within 3 minutes) of administration, a single dose is diluted with 10-15 ml of injection water or 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
For an intravenous drip (at a rate of 60-80 drops per minute) of administration, a single dose for adults is diluted in 100-200 ml of 5% dextrose or 0.9% sodium chloride solution, for children - in 30-100 ml of 5-10% solution dextrose.
The duration of intravenous administration of Ampioks, according to the instructions, is 5-7 days, after which the patient is transferred to intramuscular solution or oral pills.
Reviews of Ampioks indicate that this drug can trigger the development of urticaria, rhinitis, skin hyperemia, conjunctivitis, angioedema, fever, eosinophilia, arthralgia.
In rare cases, nausea, change in taste, diarrhea, vomiting, dysbiosis, superinfection, leukopenia, anemia, neutropenia, pseudomembranous enterocolitis, anaphylactic shock are possible. If the latter occurs, urgent measures should be taken to bring the patient out of this state: enter epinephrine, a glucocorticosteroid (prednisone or hydrocortisone), an antihistamine. If necessary, artificial lung ventilation should be performed.
With intravenous administration of ampioks, phlebitis and periflebitis are possible, with intramuscular administration, pain at the injection site, infiltration.
In the course of the use of ampioks, it is necessary to monitor the functional state of the kidneys, liver and blood-forming organs.
When taking the drug in high doses, it is possible toxic effects on the central nervous system in patients with renal insufficiency.
Mutual enhancement of action is observed with the simultaneous use of Ampiox with bactericidal antibiotics, including vancomycin, rifampicin, cephalosporins and aminoglycosides, mutual weakening - when used with macrolides, tetracyclines, linkosamides, sulfanilamides, chloramphenicol.
Absorption of Ampioks is reduced by laxatives, glucosamine, food, antacids, aminoglycosides, increases - ascorbic acid.
The active substances of the drug increase the effectiveness of indirect anticoagulants, reduce - oral contraceptives.
Analogs of Ampioks
Structural analogues of Ampioks are Oxamp, Oxamp-Sodium, Ampicillin + Oxacillin, Oksamsar.
The following drugs that belong to the same pharmacological group and have a similar effect can be considered analogs of Ampioksa: Amoxiclav, Ampisid, Arlet, Augmentin, Baktoklav, Klamosar, Medoklav, Liklav, Panklav, Ranklav, Sulacillin, Tazotsin, Trifamoks IBL, Flemoclav, Ecoclav, Ecoclav, Ecoclav, Ecoclavin, Tacocine, Trimaxox IBL, Fleklavlav, Ekoklav, Eklaklavin. others.
Terms and conditions of storage
From pharmacies Ampioks released by prescription. It can be stored for two years if the storage conditions recommended by the manufacturer are observed - dry, cool (at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС) and protected from sunlight.