Allapinin is an antiarrhythmic drug that has a moderate antispasmodic, sedative, local anesthetic, anticholinergic and coronary expanding action.
Release form and composition
Available medicine in the form of a biconvex round white tablets, each of which contains:
- 25 mg of lappaconitine hydrobromide (allapinina);
- Such excipients as calcium stearate, sucrose (granulated sugar or refined sugar), croscarmellose sodium, potato starch.
Tablets of 10 or 30 are sold. in blisters, of which 1, 2, 3 or 5 pieces can be in a carton box.
Indications for use Allapinin
The instructions for Allapinin indicate that this drug is intended for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, including those caused by WPW syndrome;
- Supraventricular extrasystole;
- Paroxysmal ventricular tachycardia (subject to the absence of organic lesions of the heart);
- Ventricular extrasystole;
- Paroxysms of atrial fibrillation and flutter.
According to the annotation to the drug, the use of Allapinin is contraindicated in:
- The presence of hypersensitivity to allapinin or any other component of the drug;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Sinoatrial blockade;
- The blockade of the right leg of the bundle of His, if it is combined with the blockade of one of the branches of the left leg;
- AV blockade second and third degree;
- Severe arterial hypotension (if systolic blood pressure does not reach at least 90 mm Hg);
- The presence of post-infarction cardiosclerosis;
- Severe left ventricular myocardial hypertrophy;
- Severe and moderate chronic heart failure;
- Fructose intolerance, deficiency of sucrase and / or isomaltose;
- Syndrome violation of glucose / galactose absorption.
Due to the lack of data on the efficacy and safety of Allapinin use in pediatrics, it is not prescribed to children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
According to strict indications, Allapinin is prescribed, but with great care and under constant supervision by patients with:
- AV blockade of the first degree;
- Abnormalities of intraventricular conduction;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Severe disorders of peripheral circulation;
- Syndrome of weakness of the sinus node;
- Conduction disturbances along Purkinje fibers;
- Prostatic hypertrophy;
- The blockade of one of the legs of the bundle of His;
- Disorders of electrolyte metabolism (hypomagnesaemia, hypokalemia or hyperkalemia).
Pregnant women are prescribed only for health reasons, carefully comparing the intended benefits for the expectant mother and the possible risks to her baby. Whether lappaconitine hydrobromide is released into breast milk has not been reliably established. For this reason, breastfeeding for the period of treatment with Allapinin should be discontinued.
Dosing and Administration Allapinina
Allapinin tablets, according to the instructions, should be taken orally for 1 pc. every 8 hours after meals. If the expected therapeutic effect is absent, the interval between doses is reduced to 6 hours. If necessary, the dose can be increased to 2 tablets. The maximum permissible daily dose is 300 mg (ie, 12 tablets).
The feasibility of increasing the dosage and duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician, taking into account the type of disease, the severity of its course and the tolerability of the drug.
Side effects of Allapinina
Reviews of patients who have been undergoing Allapinin treatment indicate that this drug may have side effects, such as:
- Dizziness, feeling of heaviness in the head, headache, diplopia, ataxia;
- Violations of intraventricular and AV conduction, sinus tachycardia, changes in the ECG.
In the first days of treatment, the development of an arrhythmogenic effect is possible (intensification of the arrhythmia or the occurrence of its previously unobservable form).
Also Allapinin, according to reviews, can cause skin hyperemia and allergic reactions.
Before starting treatment with Allapinin, violations of water and electrolyte metabolism (if any) should be corrected, and during the period of therapy - control of water and electrolyte balance of water.
If you receive a headache, dizziness, or diplopia while taking the medication, you need to reduce the dosage of the drug.
Against the background of long-term use, the development of sinus tachycardia is possible, in this case, the patient is additionally prescribed small doses of beta-blocker.
During treatment with this drug, caution is advised when driving motor vehicles and performing potentially dangerous tasks that require increased attention and speed of reaction.
With simultaneous use of Allapinin with other antiarrhythmic drugs, overdose symptoms may develop: AV blockade, reduction of myocardial contractility, gastrointestinal disorders, dizziness, marked reduction in blood pressure, asystole, sinoatrial blockade, prolongation of QT and PR intervals, blurred consciousness. In these cases, symptomatic therapy is carried out.
With simultaneous use of Allapinin with inducers of microsomal liver enzymes, the effectiveness of lappaconitine hydrobromide decreases and the risk of toxic effects increases.
According to the active substance analogue Allapinina drug Allarmin is.
According to belonging to the same pharmacological group and mechanism of action, Etmozin can be considered an analogue of Allapinin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Allapinin is an antiarrhythmic prescription drug. On condition that the storage conditions recommended by the manufacturer are observed, the place is dry and protected from direct sunlight with an air temperature of up to 25 ° C - its shelf life is 5 years.