Afloderm is a glucocorticosteroid intended for external use.
Release form and composition
Afloderm is made in two dosage forms:
- Cream for external use 0.05%, uniform consistency, white. 1 g of cream contains 500 mcg of alclomethasone dipropionate. Excipients: soft white paraffin, propylene glycol, sodium dihydrophosphate dihydrate, purified water, macrogol cetostearate, sodium hydroxide, macrogol glyceryl stearate, cetostearyl alcohol, phosphoric acid. In aluminum tubes of 20 or 40 g;
- Ointment for external use 0.05%, uniform, colorless or light yellow color. 1 g ointment contains 500 mcg of alclomethasone dipropionate. Auxiliary components of the ointment are: white beeswax, hexylene glycol, soft white paraffin, propylene glycol monopalmitostearate. In aluminum tubes of 20 or 40 g.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Afloderm is indicated for dermatoses reacting to topical therapy with glucocorticosteroids:
- Atopic dermatitis;
- Solar dermatitis;
- Contact and allergic dermatitis;
- Allergies to insect bites.
According to the instructions, Afloderm is not prescribed for:
- Skin manifestations of syphilis;
- Skin tuberculosis;
- Viral skin infections;
- Chicken pox;
- Open wounds;
- Acne vulgaris;
- Skin reactions after vaccinations;
- Trophic ulcers;
- Hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Afloderm is intended for local use.
Cream Afloderm recommended for the treatment of acute, including weeping skin lesions. The ointment is intended for the treatment of chronic and subacute dermatoses, including lichenized, dry and scaly lesions, or in cases where an occlusive action of the ointment is necessary.
Ointment or cream Afloderm applied to the affected skin with a thin layer of 2-3 times a day. On areas with more dense skin (feet, palms, knees, elbows), as well as areas where the drug is easily erased, you can apply the medicine more often.
In children from 6 months after the main symptoms subside, Afloderm is used once a day.
In order to prevent relapse in the treatment of chronic diseases, it is recommended that treatment with Afloderm be continued for some time after the symptoms disappear.
The use of Afloderm is predominantly well tolerated by patients, side effects develop rarely and are reversible.
Mainly as a result of treatment with Afloderm dermatological reactions may develop:
- Itching, redness, dry skin, burning sensation;
- Papular rash;
- Skin hypopigmentation;
- Acne-like changes;
- Secondary skin infections;
- Skin atrophy;
- Prickly heat;
- Allergic contact dermatitis;
If at the first use of Afloderm in a patient hypersensitivity reactions (hyperemia, burning and itching of the skin) are observed, it is recommended to choose an alternative treatment.
Avtoderm should be avoided in the eye area, as the development of cataracts and glaucoma, as well as open wounds is possible.
If the course of the disease is complicated by the development of a fungal or secondary bacterial infection, then it is advisable to add an antimycotic or antibacterial drug to the Afloderm.
Afloderm is allowed to be used in young children (from 6 months). It should be borne in mind that diapers and skin folds in young children may have an effect similar to that of an occlusive dressing, which increases the systemic absorption of the drug. Also, in children, a high degree of systemic absorption is not possible due to insufficient maturity of the epidermis. Therefore, in the case of long-term use of the drug is recommended that young children regularly show a doctor.
In pregnancy, Afloderm can be used only in cases where the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential danger to the fetus. When pregnancy should reduce the use of drugs to a minimum and be limited to small areas of the skin.
Afloderm can be used during breastfeeding, but with observance of precautionary measures. In particular, the application of Afloderm on the skin of the mammary gland should be avoided before feeding.
The structural analogue of Afloderma is Alclomethasone.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Afloderm should be stored in a dry dark place out of the reach of children. The shelf life of the ointment is 3 years, cream - 2 years.