Advil is a drug belonging to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and has anti-inflammatory, as well as antipyretic and analgesic effects.
Release form and composition
Advil is released in the form of film-coated tablets, each of which contains 200 or 400 mg of the active substance - ibuprofen.
Auxiliary substances used in the production of Advil are: anhydrous sodium carbonate, monosodium citrate, potassium carbonate, sodium saccharinate, menthol flavor, sodium bicarbonate, sucrose palminate, anhydrous citric acid, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, grapefruit flavoring.
As indicated in the instructions for Advil, this drug is prescribed for:
- Inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as: arthritis (psoriatic, gouty, rheumatoid and juvenile chronic), neuralgic amyotrophy, Bechterew's disease (ankylosing spondylarthritis), osteochondrosis, arthritis developed against a systemic lupus erythematosus, arthritis;
- Pain syndrome caused by ossalgia, radiculitis, myalgia, migraine, arthritis, arthralgia, bursitis, tendonitis, tendovaginitis, neuralgia, neuralgia amyotrophy, algomenorrhea;
- Headache and toothache;
- Pain in cancer;
- Post-traumatic and postoperative pain syndrome, accompanied by inflammation;
- Inflammatory process in the pelvis, incl. with adnexitis;
- Genera (as an anesthetic and weakening the contractile activity of the myometrium means).
Apply Advil as an antipyretic with infectious and "cold" diseases.
The use of Advila is prohibited when:
- The presence of hypersensitivity to ibuprofen or any excipient medication;
- Erosive and ulcerative diseases of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, including ulcerative colitis, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer, exacerbation of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- Aspirin Asthma;
- Disorders of blood coagulation, including hemorrhagic diathesis, bleeding tendency, hemophilia;
- Diseases of the optic nerve;
- Impaired color vision;
- Pathology of the vestibular apparatus;
- Heart failure;
- Hearing loss.
Assign Advil, but with great care and under constant medical supervision:
- With cirrhosis of the liver;
- Patients with gastritis, colitis or enteritis;
- With hepatic / renal failure;
- People with hypertension;
- With cirrhosis of the liver, accompanied by portal hypertension;
- Patients with gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in history;
- When hyperbilirubinemia;
- Pregnant women;
- During lactation;
- Children up to 12 years.
Dosage and dosage Advila
Advil tablets, according to the instructions, take orally after a meal.
The dosage of the drug depends on the type of disease and the severity of its course. As a rule, prescribe:
- When pain syndrome - 1-2 tablets Advil 400 mg three times a day. Maximum - 2.4 g per day;
- In rheumatoid arthritis - 2 tablets containing 800 mg three times a day;
- For sprains and soft tissue injuries, 400 mg two to four times a day;
- In juvenile rheumatoid arthritis - at the rate of 30-40 mg per kilogram of body weight per day, dividing the total amount into several doses;
- In ankylosing spondylitis and osteoarthritis, 1 tablet of Advil, containing 400 mg of ibuprofen, three or four times a day;
- To reduce body temperature, if it does not reach the level of 39.2 ºС - at the rate of 5 mg per one kilogram of mass per day, if it is above 39.2 ºС - at the rate of 10 mg / kg per day.
Advil's dosage for children is calculated based on their weight: 20-40 mg per kilogram of child's weight, divided into 3-4 doses per day. To reduce the increased body temperature, the dose of Advilla is calculated as well as for adults.
Adil's side effects
Patient testimonies testify that during the use of Advil, the development of negative reactions from the body, such as:
- Dryness and irritation of the oral mucosa, aphthous stomatitis, nausea, flatulence, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn;
- Shortness of breath and bronchospasm;
- Tinnitus, blurred vision, hearing loss, dry or irritated eyes, scotoma, eyelid edema and conjunctiva;
- Dizziness, anxiety, insomnia, headache, irritability, drowsiness, hallucinations, psychomotor agitation, confusion, nervousness, rarely - aseptic meningitis;
- Increased blood pressure, tachycardia, worsening of the course or development of heart failure;
- Acute renal failure, cystitis, polyuria, allergic nephritis and nephrotic syndrome;
- Leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenic purpura;
- Allergic reactions: fever, pruritus and rash, bronchospasm, exudative erythema, allergic rhinitis, eosinophilia.
With prolonged use of Advil increases the risk of bleeding (hemorrhoidal, gingival, uterine or intestinal), ulceration of the gastrointestinal mucosa, visual disturbances.
According to belonging to the same pharmacological group and to a similar mechanism of action, the following drugs are analogues of Advil:
- No pain;
- Brufen and Brufen Retard;
- Is long;
- MIG 200;
- The final;
- Perofen 200;
Terms and conditions of storage
It is necessary to store Advil in a dry, cool (at a temperature of up to 25 ºС) and protected from direct sunlight. Its shelf life is 2 years.