Advantan refers to drugs of the glucocorticosteroid group intended for topical use.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the form of an emulsion, cream and ointment of two types. The main active component of all forms of release is methylprednisolone aceponate, its content in 1 g of the product is 1 mg.
Cream Advantan 0.1% has a white, slightly yellowish color, opaque. In addition to the main component, it contains auxiliary substances, in particular:
- Decyl Oleate 100 mg;
- Glycerol 85% - 50 mg;
- Glyceryl monostearate 40-55% - 85 mg;
- Cetostearyl alcohol - 25 mg;
- Solid fat - 25 mg;
- Macrogol Stearate - 30 mg;
- Softizan 378 - 75 mg;
- Glycerol 85% - 50 mg;
- Edetate disodium - 1 mg;
- Benzyl alcohol - 10 mg;
- Purified water - 597.94 mg;
- Butylhydroxytoluene - 60 mg.
The cream is packaged in aluminum tubes of 10, 5, 20, 15 and 25 g. Tubes are sealed in cardboard boxes.
0.1% ointment Advantan has a slightly yellowish color, homogeneous structure, opaque. The following substances were added to the ointment:
- Soft white paraffin in the amount of 350 mg;
- Liquid paraffin - 239 mg;
- Purified water - 300 mg;
- Beeswax white - 40 mg;
- Emulsifier E - 70 mg.
The form of packing ointment is the same as that of the cream.
Fat 0.1% ointment Advantan also has a yellowish color, translucent. Additional ingredients are:
- Soft white paraffin - 425 mg;
- Microcrystalline wax - 150 mg;
- Liquid paraffin - 394 mg;
- Hydrogenated castor oil - 30 mg.
Packaging is the same as the usual ointment Advantan.
Emulsion 0.1% opaque, white. As auxiliary substances in the emulsion added:
- Medium chain triglycerides - 150 mg;
- Steryl alcohol - 40 mg;
- Softizan 378 - 50 mg;
- Glycerol 85% - 30 mg;
- Edetate Disodium - 10 mg;
- Purified water - 675.5 mg.
The emulsion Advantan is located in aluminum tubes of 20 or 50 g. Tubes are packed in cardboard boxes.
Indications for use Advantan
Apply ointment, cream, as well as fatty ointment, as indicated in the instructions to Advantan, is recommended for inflammatory skin diseases that are sensitive to the action of topical GCS, in particular:
- For atopic dermatitis, pediatric eczema, neurodermatitis;
- With true, professional, dyshidrotic and microbial eczema;
- With simple contact dermatitis;
- With allergic dermatitis.
Indications for the emulsion are:
- Simple contact and atopic dermatitis;
- Neurodermatitis and childhood eczema;
- True eczema;
- Seborrheic dermatitis;
- Microbial eczema;
- Sunburn, photodermatitis.
The use of Advantan should be abandoned if the following contraindications are available:
- In case of syphilitic or tuberculous processes in the field of Advantan;
- In viral diseases, such as chickenpox, shingles, affecting the area of application;
- For rosacea, perioral dermatitis in the area of application of the drug;
- Age less than 4 months;
- in skin reactions that have arisen in response to vaccination, in the area of Advantan;
- With increased sensitivity to one or more components of the drug.
Dosage and administration Advantan
The medicine is intended for external use. If there is evidence, Advantan is applied in a thin layer once a day to the affected area, slightly rubbing it. An exception is the emulsion, which can be applied up to two times a day for sunburn.
Continuous daily use of oily ointment, cream and ointment should not exceed 12 weeks (for adults) and 4 weeks (for children). Apply the emulsion daily is allowed no more than 2 weeks.
In the event that during the application of the emulsion excessive dryness of the skin is observed, its use should be abandoned in favor of a different, fatter, form of Advantan.
The use of Advantan in the form of a cream is recommended for the treatment of the weeping stage of eczema and inflammatory processes in the acute stage that occur on oily skin or on the hairy part of the scalp.
Ointment should be used to treat those skin diseases, the pathogenesis of which is not accompanied by weeping.
Advantan fat ointment is used to treat chronic stages of skin diseases, as well as for use on dry skin.
Several courses of treatment with Advantan are allowed within 12 months.
Side Effects Advantana
The occurrence of adverse reactions during the use of the drug is rarely noted, but before using the products it is important to familiarize yourself with the possible side effects that are indicated in the instructions for Advantan: itching, erythema, burning, vesicular rash, hypertrichosis, skin depigmentation, perioral dermatitis. Long-term (over 4 weeks) use of medicines can cause skin atrophy, the appearance of stretch marks, telangiectasia, and acnemorphic changes in the skin.
In the case of a combined etiology of the disease: the occurrence of fungal invasion or bacteriological infection on the background of inflammation, it is necessary in addition to Advantan to use antibacterial or antifungal agents.
Do not allow the drug into the eyes.
Perhaps the development of glaucoma, as in the application of any other GCS.
The only analogue of the drug is methylprednisolone aceponate.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store Advanton at room temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, away from children. At performance of storage conditions the expiration date makes 3 years.