Adepress is a drug used in various types of emotional disorders.
Release form and composition
Make tablets Adepress containing 20 mg of paroxetine. Auxiliary components of the drug are: calcium phosphate, corn starch, magnesium stearate, sodium carboxymethyl starch.
10 tablets in blister packs.
Indications for use Adepressa
According to the instructions, Adepress is indicated for:
- All types of depressive disorders, including severe endogenous depression and anxiety-related depression;
- Panic disorder, including accompanied agoraphobia;
- Obsessive compulsive disorder;
- Generalized anxiety disorder;
- Social anxiety disorder (social phobia);
- Posttraumatic stress disorder.
According to the instructions, Adepress should not be taken in the following cases:
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Hypersensitivity to active or auxiliary components;
- Unstable epilepsy;
- In combination with MAO inhibitors and for two weeks after their cancellation;
The use of Adepress should be carried out with caution when:
- Hepatic or renal failure;
- Prostate hyperplasia;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Heart pathologies;
- Mania, convulsive states.
You should also be careful in the use of Adepress in combination with electropulse therapy, with drugs that increase the likelihood of bleeding, and elderly patients.
Dosing and Administration Adepressa
Adepress tablets are intended for internal use. Take the medicine once a day in the morning during the meal.
The dosage of Adepress is determined by the doctor individually during the first few weeks after the start of treatment and may subsequently be adjusted. The effect of the use of Adepress develops gradually.
The recommended dosage of tablets is 20 mg per day. If necessary, the dosage can be increased by 10 mg every week until the desired therapeutic effect is achieved. It should, however, ensure that the daily dosage of Adepress does not exceed 50 mg.
In obsessive-compulsive disorders, the patient is prescribed an initial dose of 20 mg Adepress, with a gradual increase to 40 mg per day.
In panic disorders, the initial dose of the drug is 10 mg per day in order to reduce the risk of exacerbation of panic symptoms. Gradually increase the dosage to 40 mg per day.
With social phobias, the initial dosage of Adepress is 20 mg. If the therapeutic effect of the drug is not observed at this dose for two weeks, it is allowed to gradually increase to 50 mg per day.
With post-traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety disorders, the initial and therapeutic dosage of the drug is 20 mg per day.
In the presence of hepatic or renal insufficiency, the dosage of the drug should not exceed 20 mg per day, and in elderly patients it should be 40 mg per day.
In order to prevent recurrence, maintenance therapy should be carried out for 4-6 months. It is not recommended to stop taking Adepress sharply.
Side effects Adepressa
According to the instructions, Adepress can cause the following side effects:
- Nervous system: insomnia or drowsiness, dizziness, asthenia, tremor, hallucinations, confusion, paresthesia, extrapyramidal disorders, convulsions, panic disorders;
- Musculoskeletal system: arthralgia, myoclonia, myalgia, myasthenia;
- Bodies of sight: mydriasis, visual disturbances;
- Urinary system: frequent urination or urinary retention;
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dry mouth, diarrhea or constipation, hepatitis;
- The reproductive system: libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, anorgasmia, galactorrhea;
- Cardiovascular system: orthostatic hypotension;
- Allergies: skin rash, itching, urticaria, angioedema, ecchimatosis;
- Other: hyponatremia, increased sweating, impaired secretion of antidiuretic hormone.
Adepress should be prescribed with caution to patients in combination with neuroleptics, as the risk of developing malignant neuroleptic syndrome increases.
For some patients, dosage adjustment in combination with insulin or oral hypoglycemic drugs is necessary.
At the first signs of mania, seizures, the use of Adepress should be discontinued.
The first few weeks after the start of treatment with the Adepress patient, careful medical supervision is necessary, since the probability of suicidal attempts is not excluded.
It is forbidden to take alcohol-containing drinks during treatment, as there is an increase in its toxic effect.
Children Adepress not prescribed due to lack of clinical trials for this age group.
Despite the fact that the use of Adepress does not impair psychomotor and cognitive reactions, it is recommended to refrain from driving a vehicle or controlling potentially dangerous mechanisms for the period of therapy. If there is a need for this, then be extremely careful.
In combination with drugs that inhibit hepatic enzymes, it may be necessary to reduce the dosage of Adepress.
Analogs of Adepress
By agreement with your doctor, Adepress may be replaced with the following drugs: Rexetine, Paroxetine, Aktaparoxetine, Cyrestill, Paxil.
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Adepress refers to list B drugs dispensed from pharmacies with a prescription.
It is recommended to keep the medicine out of the reach of children, in a dark and dry place for no longer than two years from the date of issue.