Acecardardol is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Release form and composition
Make tablets Acecardol, coated with an enteric coating. 1 tablet contains the active substance - acetylsalicylic acid - in the amount of 50, 100 or 300 mg.
Auxiliary components of the drug are microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, low molecular weight povidone, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, talc.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Atsekardol indicated for angina unstable nature, as well as for prevention:
- Occlusion of the pulmonary artery and its branches with blood clots and deep vein thrombosis;
- Ischemic stroke, including in patients with a transient violation of cerebral circulation;
- Acute myocardial infarction in the presence of predisposing factors (hyperlipidemia, diabetes mellitus, obesity, arterial hypertension, advanced age, smoking), as well as repeated myocardial infarction;
- Thromboembolism after invasive and surgical interventions on the vessels.
According to the instructions, Atsekardol can not be appointed in the following cases:
- Bleeding from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Peptic ulcer of unspecified location;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Pronounced stages of renal failure;
- Bronchial asthma caused by taking salicylates;
- Fernan-Vidal triad (a combination of asthma, polypsy of the paranasal sinuses and nose, and intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid);
- Marked stages of liver failure;
- Chronic heart failure;
- Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid or additional components of acecardol;
- Lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactose intolerance;
- The first and third trimesters of pregnancy;
- Breastfeeding period;
- Combination with methotrexate at a dose of 15 mg or more per week.
Atsekardol not intended for use in pediatric practice.
At use of Atsekardol it is necessary to be careful at:
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcers, bleeding from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract in history;
- Hyperuricemia, gout (in low doses, acetylsalicylic acid reduces the excretion of uric acid and provokes the development of gout in susceptible patients);
- Impaired liver and kidney function;
- Combinations with methotrexate at a dose of less than 15 mg per week;
- Second trimester of pregnancy;
- Combinations with anticoagulants;
- Bronchial asthma, chronic pathologies of the respiratory system, nasal polyposis, hay fever, drug allergies;
- Estimated operations, including small ones, as Atzekardol causes a tendency to develop bleeding.
Dosing and Administration
Atzekardol tablets are taken orally before eating, drinking water. The drug is intended for long-term use.
If myocardial infarction is suspected, Atzecardol takes 100 mg once a day or 300 mg every other day. For optimal therapeutic effects, the first tablet can be chewed.
To prevent recurrent myocardial infarction, blockage of the pulmonary artery and its branches with blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, and angina of unstable nature, Atzecardol takes 100-300 mg per day.
For the prevention of thromboembolism after invasive and surgical interventions, the dosage of Acardardol is 100-300 mg daily.
The use of Atsekardola can cause the following side effects:
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, heartburn, gastric and duodenal ulcer, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, increased liver transaminase activity;
- Hematopoietic system: increased risk of bleeding, anemia;
- Allergies: skin rash, itching, cardiorespiratory distress syndrome, angioedema, urticaria, swelling of the nasal mucosa, rhinitis, anaphylactic shock;
- Central nervous system: tinnitus, hearing loss, dizziness, headache;
- Respiratory system: bronchospasm.
Use of Atsekardol can cause bronchospasm and attacks of bronchial asthma, caused by hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid.
The inhibitory effect of acetylsalicylic acid on platelet aggregation persists for several days after taking Acardardol, which should be considered when performing surgical interventions or in the postoperative period. If there is a need for absolute exclusion of bleeding during surgery, you should stop taking Atsekardola several days before it.
With a combination of Atsekardola and salicylates, it should be remembered that during treatment the concentration of salicylate in the blood is reduced, and after the abolition of the GCS overdose of salicylates is not excluded.
During the application of Atsekardola, it is necessary to carefully manage potentially dangerous mechanisms, including vehicles, as the medicine may cause dizziness.
With simultaneous use Atsekardol enhances the action of heparin, methotrexate, antiplatelet agents and thrombolytic agents, digoxin, hypoglycemic drugs, valproic acid; weakens - ACE inhibitors, uricosuric drugs, diuretics.
Analogues of Atsekardola are the following drugs:
- Acetylsalicylic acid;
- Zorex Morning;
Terms and conditions of storage
According to the instructions, Atsekardol recommended to store in a dark, dry, cool place. The shelf life of the drug is 3 years.