ACC - mucolytic drug.
Release form and composition
The following types of drug are released:
- Effervescent tablets ACC 100, ACC 200 and ACC Long, containing 100 mg, 200 mg and 600 mg of acetylcysteine, respectively;
- Solution for i / m and / in the introduction of ACC Inject, in 1 ml of which contains 300 mg of acetylcysteine;
- Granules for the preparation of a solution for oral administration of ACC, in one package contains 100 or 200 mg of acetylcysteine - granules with the smell of orange, 200 or 600 mg of active ingredient - granules with the smell of lemon and honey;
- Orange granules for the preparation of syrup for oral administration ACC. 5 ml of the finished syrup contains 100 mg of acetylcysteine.
Indications for use
According to the instructions in the ACC data, all dosage forms of this drug are intended for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, accompanied by the formation of viscous difficult to separate sputum, namely:
- Acute and chronic bronchitis;
- Obstructive bronchitis;
- Lung abscess;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Cystic fibrosis.
In addition, ACC, according to the instructions, can be used to treat otitis media, acute and chronic sinusitis.
According to the instructions, the use of ACC is contraindicated:
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- With the exacerbation of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- With hemoptysis;
- With pulmonary hemorrhage;
- All patients with hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine or any auxiliary component of the drug.
Prescribe the drug, but with extreme caution and under constant medical supervision:
- In case of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer outside the acute phase;
- People with varicose veins of the esophagus;
- Patients with adrenal gland diseases;
- With bronchial asthma;
- With hepatic / renal failure;
- Children up to 2 years (only for "vital" indications).
Dosing and Administration
The dose and method of use of the ACC depend on the dosage form of the drug and the patient's age.
1. Effervescent tablets
The drug is taken after meals. The tablet is dissolved in 1/2 glass of water immediately before taking.
- Adolescents over 14 years old and adults 200 mg two or three times a day;
- Children 6-14 years - 1 tab. ACC 100 or 1/2 table. ACC 200 three times a day or 1 tab. ACC 200 twice a day;
- Children 2-5 years old - 1 tablet ACC 100 two or three times a day.
For cystic fibrosis:
- Children over 6 years old - 200 mg three times a day;
- Babies 2-6 years old - 100 mg four times a day.
The maximum dose for cystic fibrosis can be increased to 800 mg per day, but only for patients weighing more than 30 kg.
ACC Long is prescribed for adults and children over 14 years old on 1 tab. per day.
2. Granules ACC for the preparation of a solution and syrup for oral administration
Orange granules (100 and 200 mg) are dissolved in water, cold tea or juice, granules with honey and lemon (200 and 600 mg) - in a glass of hot water.
To prepare the syrup, add cooled boiled water to the ring mark directly into the vial and shake well.
- For adolescents older than 14 years and adults - 200 mg two or three times a day;
- For children 6-14 years old - 100 mg three times a day or 200 mg twice;
- For children 2-5 years old - 100 mg 2-3 times a day;
- For babies up to 2 years (strictly on doctor's prescription and only in the form of syrup) - 50 mg 2-3 times a day.
For cystic fibrosis:
- For children over 6 years old - 200 mg three times / day;
- For children 2-5 years old - 100 mg four times a day;
- For newborns from 10 days of age and children up to 2 years of age (strictly on doctor's prescription and only in the form of syrup) - 50 mg three times a day.
Patients whose weight exceeds the mark of 30 kg, the daily dose may be increased to 800 mg.
ACC in the form of effervescent tablets, syrup and solution for colds is taken for 5-7 days, for chronic bronchitis and cystic fibrosis - long to prevent infections. The mucolytic effect of the drug enhances additional fluid intake.
3. Solution for in / in and in / m introduction
Before the on / in the introduction of his diluted with 0.9% sodium chloride solution in the ratio of 1: 1, in / m is introduced deep into the muscle.
- For adults, 300 mg 1-2 times a day;
- For children 6-14 years old - 150 mg 1-2 times a day;
- For babies up to 6 years - at the rate of 10 mg per 1 kg per day.
In the form of injections, ACC is prescribed in cases where the use of oral forms of the drug is not possible. The duration of treatment is set individually, but not more than 10 days.
According to reviews, in most cases, the ACC is well tolerated.
Rarely, the drug can cause headache, tinnitus, stomatitis.
In some cases, diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure occur.
In isolated cases, skin rash, urticaria, pruritus, bronchospasm, and pulmonary bleeding are observed.
The simultaneous use of ACC with antitussive drugs is not recommended, since the latter suppress the cough reflex, which is why a dangerous mucus stagnation can occur.
Acetylcysteine - the active substance of ACC - is not pharmaceutically compatible with proteolytic enzymes and antibiotics (tetracycline, erythromycin, amphotericin B, cephalosporins and penicillins).
The following drugs are analogues of ACC:
- According to the active substance: Acestine, Acetylcysteine, Weeks Active ExpectoMed, Mukoneks, Fluimucil, N-AC-ratiofarm;
- According to the mechanism of action: Ambrobene, Ambrohexal, Ambroxol, Ascoril, Bromhexin, Cemhobos, Bronhoksol, Bronkhorus, Bronchosan, Bronkhostop, Bronkhotil, Djoset, Kashnol, Lasolvan, Libeksin Muko, Medox, Neo-Bronhol, Pulmomommolemil, Lazolvan, Nebo-Bronhol, Pulmomommozilvan, Nebo-Bronkhol, Pulmomozmolen, Lazolvan, Libeksin Muko, Medox, Neo-Bronkhol, Pulmomommolemil, Lazolwan , Fluifort, Flyuditek, Halixol, Erdomed and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
ACC is a drug dispensed from pharmacies in non-prescription mode. Its shelf life (all forms of release) is 3 years, provided it is stored in a dry place, protected from sunlight, at temperatures up to 25 ºС. Cooked syrup can be stored for 12 days and only in the refrigerator!